• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Associate
Did they say how many FTW orders they had? I got mine in within first 15 mins. Fingers crossed I'm not waiting for ages! The site fell to bits which delayed my order slightly!

Well I did ask if I would be put to the bottom of the queue, and was told "Yes".

I was told that most of the orders are for FTW so I may have to wait potentially a week or two after launch of the FTW to get one. But it depedns on stock and how many they receive on day one.

Hope Gibbo can do some Ninja Magic and a lot of FTWs are delviered to OCUK.

I don't mind waiting a little longer than the norm.

Soldato
I've already posted mine :) and its the best card I've ever owned, Im so pleased with it :D

So can you quantify that opinion ? Do games seem better than your 780 SLI ?

About a thousand of those were pre-orders, they had something like 500 in stock. Seems not that many that bought them are active on the forum.

Yeah they had 500 FE in stock but surely after all the forum members saying they were going to buy the 1080 FE looks like either very few did or they saw the cheaper custom/vanilla prices and went for that. Ie not many forum members went with the rip off FE ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
So can you quantify that opinion ? Do games seem better than your 780 SLI ?

Yeah they had 500 FE in stock but surely after all the forum members saying they were going to buy the 1080 FE looks like either very few did or they saw the cheaper custom/vanilla prices and went for that. Ie not many forum members went with the rip off FE ;)

I think looking in a few posts, A number of people did, but did not select the correct delivery date (Saturday) and well today is the first working day back since cards released so may see some receive theirs.

Also like myself sadly I assumed I had them ordered in time, but were all sold out by 1:56 apparently, even showing 10+ so those who assume some who thought they may have got one possibly may not have.

Of course no doubt some also want aftermarket coolers also :)

Soldato
378433_main.jpg

Associate
first impressions :) :)

Really nice card! Running doom maxed out @ 1080 ( i know ive only got 2x24" benqs - this card is to run my rift ) 175fps out of the box. Battlefield 4 @ ultra + 200% resolution 80-110 fps. Card is really quiet, i mean very quiet even after 20+mins of bf4 and gameplay is really really fluid, no stutters nothing. Not heard any fan revs that ppl are complaining about so far. Very happy, cant wait for my rift now :)

Caporegime

Really nice card! Running doom maxed out @ 1080 ( i know ive only got 2x24" benqs - this card is to run my rift ) 175fps out of the box. Battlefield 4 @ ultra + 200% resolution 80-110 fps. Card is really quiet, i mean very quiet even after 20+mins of bf4 and gameplay is really really fluid, no stutters nothing. Not heard any fan revs that ppl are complaining about so far. Very happy, cant wait for my rift now :)

Why would it stutter at 1080p :o

Soldato

Very nice :). What sort of clocks and power draw are you seeing?

Thinking about grabbing 2 REF (EVGA SC) 1080's and watercooling them. Little worried about the single 8pin not being enough though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom