Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Last push home today back from 8 days of riding and camping in Scotland. 222 miles back from our last camp site in the Lake District today. I want to be back in Scotland wild camping again :(

Also, screw the house deposit, I think I'll just keep saving, buy a GS with panniers, quit work & go round the world :)

Pics!

Hope you had a good trip - I'm off tomorrow, heading south! :D

Note to self: Ride on the right!! :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I'm all packed ready to leave tomorrow morning at 7:45am - Eurotunnel train is at 8:50am, I'll be in France by half past 9 :D

No picture as I was putting the bags on in nearly darkness, I tell you - I haven't packed that many clothes - 3x pairs of jeans (1 is a kevlar pair), some t-shirts, a hoody, pair of shoes and the normal underwear - it all ONLY just fits into a kreiga US20! :eek:

The other 20 has my roll mat, stove, some basic food, bog roll, etc. My waterproofs are bungee'd and cargo netted to the top of the kreiga bags, easy access :D And my tank bag is full of other stuff so no room for them in there!

Have a good trip!

You've done it the hard way though. Test riding a 160 bhp bike and then strapping a load of luggage on to a 400 cc bike ready for a long road trip! I wonder what'll be going through your mind on those long spells of riding... You'll have mentally bought the new bike by the middle of this afternoon!

Man of Honour
Stuck one of my kreiga bags on the back without changing my cowl back to the pilly seat as I wanted to nip to the shop after a ride.
50 miles later and it had made a right mess of my paintwork :(

Given it a going over with some colored t cut and a good wax and it looks a lot better but it's still going to pee me off knowing it's there. That's what I get for being a lazy bugger and not swapping seats.

Soldato
Today I spent about 7.5 hours in the saddle and rode over 300 miles with roughly 80 other bikers all to visit a little boy with autism who loves bikes. So we gave him bikes! He also took a shine to my mirrored visor and didn't want to give my helmet back :D

Which one is you? Or you behind the camera?

Soldato
Well I'm all packed ready to leave tomorrow morning at 7:45am - Eurotunnel train is at 8:50am, I'll be in France by half past 9 :D

No picture as I was putting the bags on in nearly darkness, I tell you - I haven't packed that many clothes - 3x pairs of jeans (1 is a kevlar pair), some t-shirts, a hoody, pair of shoes and the normal underwear - it all ONLY just fits into a kreiga US20! :eek:

The other 20 has my roll mat, stove, some basic food, bog roll, etc. My waterproofs are bungee'd and cargo netted to the top of the kreiga bags, easy access :D And my tank bag is full of other stuff so no room for them in there!

Have a safe trip mate and remember, lots of photos! :)

Soldato
Stuck one of my kreiga bags on the back without changing my cowl back to the pilly seat as I wanted to nip to the shop after a ride.
50 miles later and it had made a right mess of my paintwork :(

Given it a going over with some colored t cut and a good wax and it looks a lot better but it's still going to pee me off knowing it's there. That's what I get for being a lazy bugger and not swapping seats.

My cowl has some damage like that from when my old backpack used to lean on it and it was too late before I realised :(

Surprised it didn't crack the thing, putting the pack on, you have to tighten those things so hard to make sure they don't start slipping!

Soldato
1st year service today for the 899, while I was at SeaStar Superbikes who are the main Ducati and Kawasaki dealership in the area I saw this H2R that they are making road legal with a daytime MOT!

You can see LED indicator strips on the front winglets.

nMG5f2Jl.jpg
Full Size - http://i.imgur.com/nMG5f2J.jpg

hCLPVbPl.jpg
Full Size - http://i.imgur.com/hCLPVbP.jpg

The quality of the carbon is what you would expect on a million quid sports car!

I also took the 1299 Panigale S for a ride while I waited, damn I love that bike, it feels lighter than the 899 (I guess because the magnesium wheels) but that electronic suspension is what makes the bike, over the questionable road surface quality here in Norfolk it was like a magic carpet!

I really would like one now!

Man of Honour
@tom,pity you didn't stick any of that 3m protective film on your solo seat,would have stopped that,esp the price they cost:(

@ic3 the country hedgerows are waiting to receive them:p
(H2r's)

I know I've even got a load in the shed :rolleyes: oh well it's cleaned up ok to be honest and I'll stick with putting the seat back on in future.

Soldato
Have a safe trip mate and remember, lots of photos! :)

Well I'm currently sitting in the campsite bar with a beer watching England lose to Iceland... :rolleyes:

Belgium and Luxembourg have some dodgy road surfaces, and also some roads that are like racetracks, snooker table smooth ribbons of tarmac! :D just a shame it's been a washout today so I haven't been able to enjoy them properly! Has been heavy showers and general dampness ever since I hit the decent roads.

Oh and I may have run out of fuel a few km from the motorway fuel station... :o a couple of friendly gendarmes gave me a lift and back to the petrol station! Motorway speeds are some much higher in France, the cb400 seems to drink fuel sat at 9000rpm, I deffo need a bigger bike! Sat at 130kph (85mph) everything is overtaking you!

Easy day tomorrow, only 150 miles from here (Esch Sur Sure) to Cochem in the Moselle valley.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I'm currently sitting in the campsite bar with a beer watching England lose to Iceland... :rolleyes:

Belgium and Luxembourg have some dodgy road surfaces, and also some roads that are like racetracks, snooker table smooth ribbons of tarmac! :D just a shame it's been a washout today so I haven't been able to enjoy them properly! Has been heavy showers and general dampness ever since I hit the decent roads.

Oh and I may have run out of fuel a few km from the motorway fuel station... :o a couple of friendly gendarmes gave me a lift and back to the petrol station! Motorway speeds are some much higher in France, the cb400 seems to drink fuel sat at 9000rpm, I deffo need a bigger bike! Sat at 130kph (85mph) everything is overtaking you!

Easy day tomorrow, only 150 miles from here (Esch Sur Sure) to Cochem in the Moselle valley.

Glad you made good progress on the first day, despite the weather. Don't forget that the speed limit is 110 kph when it is raining, and the speed cameras adjust ;)

Told you you'd mentally buy another bike by the end of today ;) Pics please :)

Soldato
Thinking about getting a Scottoiler, what are the general opinions on these? Are they worth the cost? I'm thinking if I can oil my chain without me needing to whack it on the paddock stand everytime I'm a happy man.

To actually get it on the paddock stand it takes all of me (actually standing on it!) For it to fully seat - too much work. Being 84kg sucks. :p

Back
Top Bottom