Creaking Bed

Associate
OP
I typed this thread in a bit of a hurry. The bed is a square wooden frame, with a thin piece of plywood on top. the plywood has a fabric cover sewn into the plywood.

this plywood cover flexes when weight is put on, especially on slave nights....

I don't think WD40 will work on wood, but the sock idea is a pretty good solution. It may stop the frame and board rubbing together.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try Talc on the joints as this can stop floorboards creaking. Not sure on a bed because the mechanical movement is different and not so much due to expansion etc but might be worth a go.

Associate
Not 100% sure about your description but I had something similar with bed planks. Double bed with planks on each side, very creaky.
I solved that by putting double sided velcro on one side of the planks, this allows them to flex / move in the middle but keeps them in place at the edge to stop them moving about and being noisy.

Soldato
Does it pass people by these days to try out solutions like socks first, before reaching for the internet stick?
I wouldn't ask a question like this until I had exhausted all avenues.
I would have tried., in no particular order.

1- screwing it down
2- some sort of wedge or buffer
3- putting a bed sheet over the wood to stop friction
4- Stopped playing with myself so vigirously on the bed in the first place.
5- gone to the internet when they all those ideas failed
6- bought a new one when gd couldnt help me :D

Last edited:
Associate
I had this a while ago, tightened the bed frame up and it went away. Try putting in more fixings before getting a new one.

If your wood is polished right you really shouldn't notice any squeaking though.

Associate
It might be worth trying the little fabric disk things you normally put on the bottom of furnature to stop it damaging the floor. Basically, anything to avoid wood creaking on wood.

Associate
OP
I spent last night pushing tissue paper between the bedframe and the plywood cover...it worked!

Who knew that rubbing wood could be so LOUD!

Last edited:
Soldato
You are mistaken op, you WANT the bed to be as noisy as possible, nothing more satisfying than knowing the whole neighbourhood heard everything! :D

Bonus points for weekend afternoons with the window open and next-door having a birthday bbq for the kids :D

Back
Top Bottom