Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
Wtf.. I ordered yesterday at 4:38 pm and phoned OCUK to ask for tomorrow delivery, but he said that the cut off is final, yet I get an email to say it's getting delivered in the next hour.

Amazing! :D

Man of Honour
^^ Hopefully does turn up for you. Think I left it a bit late and mine won't turn up until Monday. My ROG Swift is pretty much dead and couldn't stomach going back to my XL2420T so running my Dell U2913WM overclocked to 75Hz with Fast Sync - missing the extra vertical resolution but seems to be surprisingly better than 60Hz in games. (Hopefully I don't kill it with the higher refresh rate or that will be yet another monitor purchase this month :S).

Associate
Yeah, it arrived :) so surprised it arrived so quickly. Not sure if I should fiddle with the settings or leave them as default. They seem fine at default, but I guess it's just what I'm used to.. we'll see :D

Man of Honour
If its like most of the Dell and Asus ones I've seen with this panel they definitely benefit from dropping the gamma to around 0.86-0.92 in your GPU control panel - though maybe Dell have now sorted the default gamma curve dunno.

Associate
Yeah, it arrived :) so surprised it arrived so quickly. Not sure if I should fiddle with the settings or leave them as default. They seem fine at default, but I guess it's just what I'm used to.. we'll see :D

Had a quick test of mine, only thing I've done is lower the brightness so far. Star Wars battlefront is a lot better with G-Sync! Can't see any problems with the panel, no backlight bleed or dead pixels. It's very good for a TN panel almost at IPS level.

Associate
I'm really confused as to how everyone is wanting the brightness lower.

I'm trying to follow the profiles people are using and they're saying like ~30% brightness, but it seems really dark to me? 100% brightness is a lot better.

Not sure what I should be using ;/

Soldato
Has anyone here owned or tried both this Dell monitor and the BenQ XL2730Z? I'm wondering what the difference is, as far as I can tell they are extremely similar (both 1440P, 144Hz, 8bit TN, one is freesync one is gsync etc). Thanks.

Soldato
Are we likely to see these back down to around £400 any time soon (up to Christmas), would like to pick up another couple but I suppose the £ will need to improve somewhat before we see those prices again?

Man of Honour
Are we likely to see these back down to around £400 any time soon (up to Christmas), would like to pick up another couple but I suppose the £ will need to improve somewhat before we see those prices again?

Always a chance with Black Friday. Though sadly we don't seem to get them quite like the epic one of 2013.

Back
Top Bottom