New car collected!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Fair comments, but I can't help but feel sitting in traffic and doing my commute where I'm stuck doing 40-50mph an S6 isn't going to be any better than a cheaper and more recent platform.

Trying to see if my brother has any new A5s he can check the boot.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I think I've narrowed it down to these 2.

TIGUAN NF R-LINE 2.0 TSI 180 PS BMT 4Motion DSG 7 speed DSG £175pm
Colour 1 - Habanero Orange
Colour 2 - Caribbean Blue

21j82lc.jpg

2zrdcp2.jpg

Superb SE L Executive Estate 2.0 TSI 220PS DSG £147pm
Colour 1 - Quartz Grey Metallic
Colour 2 - Moon White Metallic

1sz2c2.jpg

2rpwo4y.jpg

Comes down to my main requirements really.
1. Practical for the family.
2. Has a bit of poke
3. Is comfortable to drive.
4. Below £200pm

Now I need to decide which is first choice.

Soldato
When looking at this list I would certainly look at the "which car would I never be able to buy" class making my decision and as good as the Superb (has to be with a name like that) is I would definitely look at something else and if it's out of those 2 then the Tiguan would be my 1st choice.

Permabanned
I found the ride to be quite harsh on the Tiguan R line. Nice looking car, reasonably well specced, but its a let down inside, quite a bit of hard scratchy plastics and the seats were a bit meh, considering how expensive it is.

But out of those 2, i would prefer the Tiguan, kit levels as std are better, you get the funky instruments as std, and the pana roof is std aswell. The current gen superb just just do it for me, its just too bland (not that the VW is so exciting mind).

Suspended
I found the ride to be quite harsh on the Tiguan R line. Nice looking car, reasonably well specced, but its a let down inside, quite a bit of hard scratchy plastics and the seats were a bit meh, considering how expensive it is.

But out of those 2, i would prefer the Tiguan, kit levels as std are better, you get the funky instruments as std, and the pana roof is std aswell. The current gen superb just just do it for me, its just too bland (not that the VW is so exciting mind).

Of course the ride will be harsh, it has stupid huge alloys. Buy smaller rims and the ride will improve significantly.

Associate
I'll just leave this here

Prepare yourself for list creep. You start off setting yourself a budget which you tell yourself you absolutely will not go over, then after a while you add another 10 quid here and 10 quid there and then start justifying to yourself that an extra 50 quid is nothing to get a brand new TT or Qsomething for 6 months.

Takes a lot of will power

You'll be in something costing you tree fiddy a month before you know it.

Half way lol

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
A4 is booked in for collection on the 18th, pretty excited to swap over from the Golf.

Final choices have been sent for the next car.

1st Choice
TIGUAN NF R-LINE 2.0 TSI 180 PS BMT 4Motion DSG 7 speed DSG £175pm
Colour 1 - Pure White
Colour 2 - Indium Grey

2nd Choice
Superb SE L Executive Estate 2.0 TSI 220PS DSG £147pm
Colour 1 - Quartz Grey Metallic
Colour 2 - Moon White Metallic

Back
Top Bottom