Please decide for me..

Associate
Guys, I finally have some cash to spend on a desktop replacement and will be making the purchase before christmas. I'm still confused about which of the 3 choices I've come up with that I really want.

Can any of you give your experiences with any and all of them?

With the MSI, I know people have had trouble with the MXM replacements but I dont think this would affect new models.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-rog-g752vs-gc054t-nvidia-gtx-1070-8gb-gddr5-17.3-g-sync-fhd-led-intel-i7-6820hk-gaming-lapto-lt-23d-as.html - ROG G752

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aorus-x7-v6-cf1-nvidia-gtx-1070-8gb-gddr5-17.3-led-intel-core-i7-6820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-02b-au.html - Aorus X7

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-gt73vr-6re-nvidia-gtx-1070-8gb-gddr5-17.3-fhd-intel-i7-6820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-24a-ms.html - MSI GT73VR

All have 1070 Gfx cards..

What do you think?! :confused:

Soldato
MSI has no Gsync so scratch that off the list.

ASUS has 32GB whereas the Aorus has 16GB (though 16GB is more than enough) and also comes with GoW4.

I also personally prefer the look of the Asus.

TL;DR Asus.

Associate
Scratch MSI off the list for the reasons the link in my sig demonstrates.

For 2.5k you should be looking at a GTX1080.

Clevo/Sager machines maybe?

Soldato
Guys, I finally have some cash to spend on a desktop replacement and will be making the purchase before christmas. I'm still confused about which of the 3 choices I've come up with that I really want.

Can any of you give your experiences with any and all of them?

With the MSI, I know people have had trouble with the MXM replacements but I dont think this would affect new models.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-rog-g752vs-gc054t-nvidia-gtx-1070-8gb-gddr5-17.3-g-sync-fhd-led-intel-i7-6820hk-gaming-lapto-lt-23d-as.html - ROG G752

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aorus-x7-v6-cf1-nvidia-gtx-1070-8gb-gddr5-17.3-led-intel-core-i7-6820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-02b-au.html - Aorus X7

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-gt73vr-6re-nvidia-gtx-1070-8gb-gddr5-17.3-fhd-intel-i7-6820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-24a-ms.html - MSI GT73VR

All have 1070 Gfx cards..

What do you think?! :confused:

Our GT73VR that you linked is one of our best selling models in the UK not just OcUK. No need to scratch off the list as MiSJAH Suggests !!!

One of the benefits we can offer is our display is 120Hz, so a really good quality display for gaming.

For a limited period you will get an MSI Accessory pack included with your purchase, which includes Rucksack, Neck rest, and MSI Dragon building set

Associate
My MSI GT70 2PE just stopped working. Can't get it to complete POST.

Purchase Jun-2014 so just 2years and 5 months.

Out of Warranty, now and the MSI UK support is based in Poland.

How have others faired with their Gaming Laptops?

How long did they last without needing a repair?

Soldato
Im pretty sure every laptop maker has its fair share of issues.

Personally I prefer Asus laptops, but that is just my own personal experience. Ive not owned MSI or Gigabyte as yet but will likely try both at some point.

Forums draw people with complaints and problems hoping to draw more attention to issues. I would assume the vast majority of users are happy with most manufacturers.

edit: This page might give you some info on general laptop manufacturers... always open to debate but seems ok: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/laptop-brand-ratings?_ga=1.250304070.1757129694.1474896807

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for your inputs,

I'm still debating it. Will no doubt make the purchase before the end of the month though. When I do I will let people know which one I went for and let you know what I think.

Associate
Our GT73VR that you linked is one of our best selling models in the UK not just OcUK. No need to scratch off the list as MiSJAH Suggests !!!

Ok, let me be more clear.

If you raise an issue MSI do not expect, then it may take a long period of time to resolve (currently 28 since MSI said that HQ was making a decision) an issue. This issue I refer to affects anyone that purchased an MSI GT series notebook with the plan to take advantage of MSI's advertised MXM upgradable GPU's.

So Loki, is that a fair appraisal of how long since your most recent email saying MSI UK are STILL waiting for HQ to issues a response to situation that originated when Pascal was released?

Associate

If you raise an issue MSI do not expect, then it may take a long period of time to resolve (currently 28 since MSI said that HQ was making a decision) an issue. This issue I refer to affects anyone that purchased an MSI GT series notebook with the plan to take advantage of MSI's advertised MXM upgradable GPU's.

So Loki, is that a fair appraisal of how long since your most recent email saying MSI UK are STILL waiting for HQ to issues a response to situation that originated when Pascal was released?

Wow you won't let up. You're like a machine on a vengeful termination of a companies credibility.

Saying that forget gigabyte. No TB3? Come on!

Associate
Can only agree

Can we keep those issues to the threads already full of info and active?

I feel it's my duty to inform potential MSI customers of their current behaviour towards it's customers.

If you were in the market for a new expensive gaming notebook, wouldn't you want to know?

Associate
Wow you won't let up. You're like a machine on a vengeful termination of a companies credibility.

How could I do that unless MSI's behaviour allowed me too?

All I did was purchase a gaming notebook that was advertised as having upgradable MXM GPU's.

Read the thread in my link if you think this is me just being malicious to MSI.

Associate
How could I do that unless MSI's behaviour allowed me too?

All I did was purchase a gaming notebook that was advertised as having upgradable MXM GPU's.

Read the thread in my link if you think this is me just being malicious to MSI.

I've read many posts from you including those in the thread you created. We are aware of your issue and I think MSI need to sort it out, but please keep it to that thread and not take over other user threads with the same rhetoric over and over again

All you are doing is making yourself seem spiteful and vengeful. They know of your issue and we know of your issue. Saying the same thing countless times isn't helping anyone and it certainly isn't helping your cause.

Associate
MSI know, others that may consider them a decent/reasonable company may not. I also post in other threads helpful in matters regarding notebooks.

Thank you for your input, I have broken no rules, my posts are relevant to the threads I am posting in.

Overclockers UK Forums > Hardware > Laptops & Tablets > Please decide for me..

Yup, was doing that. Thanks :D

Edit: On topic @Op, the best machine on OcUK you can get for 2.5k is https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...-intel-i7-6700hq-gaming-laptop-lt-24q-ms.html

However, I meant what I said in my first post as a reason not too. My apologies that some others decided to derail your thread.

Last edited:
Soldato

I have responded to your other thread, we have responded via email to you directly, we have responded to you on other forums and we have responded to you via Social Media as well. The message is the same and we have explained there will be an announcement imminently. Just so I am 100% clear, there is no time scale for this.

If this thread was specifically about MXM then your input on this is more relevant. The OP specifically asked for help deciding on three different models not our response time on what is an extraordinary issue.

Associate
I've reported all off topic, including my own (will report this one too).

Let's hope we can help out the op, as well as posting off topic comments :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Let's get back on topic. I won't remove the off topic stuff or the thread will look ridiculous, but please stick to responding to the OP and not raising cross-topic drama which serves no help.

What are you using it for OP?

Associate
Op what are your main purposes, portability or staying in one place and moving it around once in a while?

for £2500 the gigabyte aorus looks to have the best specs

Back
Top Bottom