MicroBoard M340CLZ 34" Curved 3440 x 1440 100hz Freesync monitor

Associate
Hi gents,

Ive been hunting down a super widescreen monitor with 90hz+ refresh and a res approaching 4k for a while now.

900x900px-LL-756be9e8_pics.png

SPECS:
Brand: Microboard
Model: M340CLZ
Panel maker: Samsung LTM340YP03
Panel Type: a-Si TFT-LCD
Screen Size: 34 inches
Resolution: 3440 x 1440
Inputs: DVI / HDMI 2.0 / DP 1.2
Viewing Angle: 178 degrees
Max Refresh Rate: WQHD 100Hz / WFHD 144Hz
FreeSync Range: 42-100Hz
Pixel Pitch: 0.07725(H) x 0.23175(V)
Frequency: H: 88.86KHz / V: 60Hz-100Hz
Contrast Ratio: 3,000:1
Aspect Ratio: 21:9
Curved ratio: R1800
Response Time:8MS (GTG) / 4MS (OD)
Power Consumption: 60W
Size (includes Stand): 814.98 x 249 x 437.36 mm
Weight(Packing): 10.4 kg
Voltage Free Volt: AC100-240V 50/60HZ
Plug Type: Korea C Type

VESA Mount: Unknown

Microboard website page

Currently shipping from Korea on ebay for $700.
ended up buying this monitor through a well known supplier (1k+ rep) on ebay (took a risk, I know!) and am very pleased with it.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who wants something like this and I ain't seen mention of it yet so figure i'd let you know.

I imported this from korea to Ireland essentially.

Ive made a review over at overclock.net for those who are interested. I don't know about rules for linking externally to another board, so i'l avoid for now.

unboxing:
https://youtu.be/Z5SIi2pPjwg

OSD menu options:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcv-vZ9pjmI

The panelook sheet on this particular panel isn't quite accurate, the 100hz refresh is native out of the box. I overclocked mine to 110hz without issue, though I'm at 105hz day to day. My particular monitor has 0 dead pixels or stuck pixels, but like any monitor, YMMV. Its got an antiglare finish, which suits me to the ground as mine is near a window.

let me know if you have any questions and i'l try to answer :)
I haven't been able to toy with the freesync much as i'm using a GTX1070. I do have an r9 280x under my bed, but loathe to swap it out :D. Another guy over there got freesync range down to 34, ain't messed with it personally.

Last edited:
Associate
Looks great, and good value. but, of course a potentially risky proposition given the distance its coming and the potentially poor support (esp. dead pixel requirements).

Hmm!

FTL

FTL

Associate
I'm a little skeptical - have you tested to see if it's frame skipping at all? As far as I'm aware 109Hz is literally the ragged edge of what DP 1.2 is capable of at 3440x1440, I'm not entirely convinced this screen is capable of that.

Associate
OP
I'm a little skeptical - have you tested to see if it's frame skipping at all? As far as I'm aware 109Hz is literally the ragged edge of what DP 1.2 is capable of at 3440x1440, I'm not entirely convinced this screen is capable of that.

yes, ive tested it extensively. I run it at 105hz day to day as i'm not sure what stress i'm putting on the panel honestly (although it is 100hz native, so yeah limits of DP1.2a is probably what i need to be concerned about. 2560x1080 supports 144hz out of the box, ain't overclocked that res though as I don't use.

This is what it looks like on the frameskip test @ 105hz (excuse my ****** camera):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxwlXpAEUh8mUGJXRmQzUTFlTEk

notice the white bar is uninterrupted, meaning no frameskip.

(test: http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
~58 euros in the republic of Ireland, not sure what HMRC would charge you ( have an address in NI , but it worked out cheaper here).

Associate
ive been looking at this monitor for quite some time now... i just wish there was someone in the UK that sold it rather than importing it from Korea.

Soldato
These Korean monitor have always looked good and I brought a DGM 1440p back in 2013 which was excellent for me, had no backlight bleed or dead pixels although the power brick did go bang once. I've found though that since the £/$ has taken such a big hit that imports like these arn't as good as what they have been along with people being more aware of them but if you are willing to take the risk can be worth thinking about, at least you have PayPal for if things go terribly wrong.

After import fees though you'd probably only save £150-£250 and I'd probably rather cough up more for a known brand depending on how I was feeling at the time.

Associate
These Korean monitor have always looked good and I brought a DGM 1440p back in 2013 which was excellent for me, had no backlight bleed or dead pixels although the power brick did go bang once. I've found though that since the £/$ has taken such a big hit that imports like these arn't as good as what they have been along with people being more aware of them but if you are willing to take the risk can be worth thinking about, at least you have PayPal for if things go terribly wrong.

After import fees though you'd probably only save £150-£250 and I'd probably rather cough up more for a known brand depending on how I was feeling at the time.

ya ... I agree after my last korean monitor - big 40" that has issues and would cost 250 pounds for shipping to get fixed. The seller did send me the part to fix it on my own but a little nervous about doing that (will wait till I upgrade and then give it a go :)

Associate
It looks really nice but i think i'll wait until Samsungs model is available in the UK. I'd imagine samsungs own will have better pixel response and will have better colours out of the box as well.

There are also rumors of a gsync version coming a bit later so that might be worth waiting for too!

Caporegime

If the likes of amazon were selling this for £600-700, I could be tempted.

Samsung's pricing is going to be ridiculous, launch price of £900 on ocuk and once that initial deal is over, it will be £1000+ lol...... Can't wait to see the price of the gsync version especially since the freesync version looks rather thin... I will laugh my ass off, if it is £1400+ and laugh even more at people who buy it over a £1700/1800 OLED HDR 4k 55" TV :D

Last edited:
Soldato
It looks really nice but i think i'll wait until Samsungs model is available in the UK. I'd imagine samsungs own will have better pixel response and will have better colours out of the box as well.

There are also rumors of a gsync version coming a bit later so that might be worth waiting for too!

If you have or will get a monitor arm I guess. The Samsung stand is unforgivable lol

OcUK Staff
Back
Top Bottom