What bargains did you get over the black friday cyber monday weekend ?

Soldato
Nothing this year, mostly because there was nothing I really wanted or needed. I was tempted by an Xbox One S, but decided against it in the end. Most of the discounts are pretty rubbish anyway to be honest and lots of people get tricked into buying 'bargains' that really aren't. In fact, OcUK have been a bit guilty of that this year I'm afraid.

Associate
nothing tbh

Was on the lookout for a WD Red 2TB to add to the NAS but price didnt budge a penny

Also noticed several items had their prices raised just before black friday only to be 'discounted' and still more expensive than they were before BF. I actually really dislike the buyer beware culture we have where the onus is on the consumer to know if they're getting jipped or not.

Man of Honour
now tv for £5 for 3 months entertainment and films £5 for 2 months.

was looking for a roku2 but didn't come up and not only that amazon stuck the price up just a few days before ad didn't come on sale anyway. there was a lot of that, more people need to use camel camel camel.

Soldato
Bought xbox one s on 7th Nov. for son's Christmas from site offering 30 day returns for 289€.

Same site offered the one s for 266€ + free controller so snapped it up.

Was delivered to local supermarket yesterday so went with my returns slip took out controller and sent the console back.

Result! :)

Today I bought some power banks as we left our bag behind last weekend at a museum and someone took it and didn't hand it in :(

Name and phone number is on the power bank as my son often takes it to friends.

We were only gone 20 mins when we realised we didn't have it.

:(

Soldato
Bought a Steam Link and a few games (including DOOM :D) this weekend.

I was planning to get a new TV and sound system this weekend in one of the Black Friday events but got a 2nd hand (albeit pretty much brand new) 2015 43" Samsung LED smart TV for £250 Friday before last, as well as a new Sony Blu Ray 5.1 home cinema system for £180.

Thankfully the sound system wasn't reduced this weekend! Very happy tbh, it's replacing an old 37" LG LCD, the difference is amazing, it's so crisp and clear. We don't have any 4k sources so for us there was no need to spend the extra on a UHD TV.

Associate
Associate
Not really a Black Friday deal but I was after a new TV and got myself one of these:

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-bravi...tion-now-floating-style-design-black/p2543302

With John Lewis matching a deal and giving me one of these free:

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-ht-ct390-bluetooth-nfc-sound-bar-with-wireless-subwoofer/p2775207

and 10% off the Sonos Playbar I actually wanted... now time to sell the Sony one!

You won't be disappointed :D It's an amazing TV, I picked one up when they first started the free soundbar deal.

BF wise I've not really bought anything though, nothing I needed for a price I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom