What bargains did you get over the black friday cyber monday weekend ?

Soldato
PlayStation and two games for £200. It's something I was going to buy at any point there was a decent price in the next few months, and I can't see them going much cheaper than that, if at all.

I think they must have shifted a lot of PS4s, with it coming below the magic £200.

I think this may be the permanent price before too long, but I still bought one. I'm not keen on FIFA, so I went for the 1TB with Drake's Fortune.

Caporegime
Can I ask how that works in practice - can you do the new sign up in your gf's name during your 31 day cancellation period or do you actually need to wait for sky services in your name to cease?

No always sign up for the new one before cancelling the old one just in case there is a delay and don't want to be without.

Wastes an extra month subscription but doesn't matter.

Not sure it matters but when sky engineer is coming I remove the box on the day he's arriving to make sure the leave the new box. Not a problem if changing boxes like now going from a hd one to the q box but some years it's the same box you get.

Plus I suppose I don't want them to know we already have sky.

I leave the dish up and wires unless there is an issue and I want a new dish so engineer is happy as its a really quick install for them

I did one year swap by cancelling first but it was so busy with them having a great offer that the new one installation date was after the old one had run out so wasn't popular with SWMBO

Pretty sure sky don't care as they get their new signer numbers needed etc. Why they don't offer better loyalty to current customers I don't know. I did see they made some gesture to current customers this year but still miles away from new customers especially when you add in the cashback offers. The alone reduces my monthly subs by £13 and it looks a very decent to from reviews and it's the perfect size for our lounge so win win.

Saved me dropping £500 on a 4K tv in the sales which is what I was going to do.

The 2 tb q boxes and one for the bedroom look cool too.

Last edited:
Associate
No always sign up for the new one before cancelling the old one just in case there is a delay and don't want to be without.

Wastes an extra month subscription but doesn't matter.

Not sure it matters but when sky engineer is coming I remove the box on the day he's arriving to make sure the leave the new box. Not a problem if changing boxes like now going from a hd one to the q box but some years it's the same box you get.

Plus I suppose I don't want them to know we already have sky.

I leave the dish up and wires unless there is an issue and I want a new dish so engineer is happy as its a really quick install for them

I did one year swap by cancelling first but it was so busy with them having a great offer that the new one installation date was after the old one had run out so wasn't popular with SWMBO

Pretty sure sky don't care as they get their new signer numbers needed etc. Why they don't offer better loyalty to current customers I don't know. I did see they made some gesture to current customers this year but still miles away from new customers especially when you add in the cashback offers. The alone reduces my monthly subs by £13 and it looks a very decent to from reviews and it's the perfect size for our lounge so win win.

Saved me dropping £500 on a 4K tv in the sales which is what I was going to do.

The 2 tb q boxes and one for the bedroom look cool too.

Thanks for that. Sounds like a very good deal. I've been thinking about doing the same but was getting major resistance from gf in case there was a break in services and she was unable to get her weekly fix of Jeff Stelling :D

Soldato
Hmm, so tempted to do this now, but do i need a 43" tv after i've just bought a 55" or an Xbox 1S with Fifa!

Greebo, if i did this in my wifes name, can i still do topcashback through my account as i've had a payout from them before?

Thanks

Soldato
Hmm, so tempted to do this now, but do i need a 43" tv after i've just bought a 55" or an Xbox 1S with Fifa!

Greebo, if i did this in my wifes name, can i still do topcashback through my account as i've had a payout from them before?

Thanks

Will it work on a wife? I thought greebo worked as it was a gf, thus a different name, bank etc?

Caporegime
Thanks for that. Sounds like a very good deal. I've been thinking about doing the same but was getting major resistance from gf in case there was a break in services and she was unable to get her weekly fix of Jeff Stelling :D

Yeah i was in the dog house the year i messed up. Which why its worth paying two subscriptions for one month. :D

Caporegime
Will it work on a wife? I thought greebo worked as it was a gf, thus a different name, bank etc?

No idea on the wife bit. The bank account is the same we use every year so no issues on that front - our joint bank account.

And pretty sure my mate did it and when quizzed said they had separated. ;)

Caporegime

Thanks

I always do the topcashback through my account whether its sky for her or for me. Top cashback doesnt rely on the item been bought been for you. for 4 years now I have done the shuffle and got the cashback fine. If you want to be sure she could soon open a topcashback account herself anyway?

For example i quite often have to buy stuff for work on works accounts and I always login vis top cashback and it always tracks.

Got £950 last year from buying stuff for work :)

Soldato
No idea on the wife bit. The bank account is the same we use every year so no issues on that front - our joint bank account.

And pretty sure my mate did it and when quizzed said they had separated. ;)

My wife can use her old surname still. However, i don't think i'm going to bother, it ends up costing my £35 a month more than i pay now.

Soldato
Was going to buy the Dremel 4000, normally around £70-80 and was an amazing price on lightning deal (£45). I had been keeping an eye on it all week. I missed it :rolleyes::p

Back
Top Bottom