have to tell someone

Permabanned
been out today with around 12 friends we have from school, we go out maybe twice year as a get together.

anyways been to 2 pubs then decided to get a few beers and a pizza and head to a friends house, we arrived and found that his flat mate was dead in his bed, after about a minute of shock i tried CPR but he was ice cold, rang 911 they talk us through but he was unresponsive, looked like he had been dead for quite a while.

emergency crew turned up did not even try they knew he was long gone.

shocked aint the word :(
head is all over and cant stop shaking.

Soldato
Not nice seeing your first body :(. At least you tried to help :) best you could have done in such a situation!

You'll be fine :). Grab a warm drink maybe not booze.

Caporegime
Wow I'm so sorry to hear that you went through that... :(
Must have been quite a surreal and horrible experience, particularly for your friend who's flat mate it was... Good on you for trying OP, its important. Even though it was in vain you should be proud of yourself.

I hope they figure out what happened and why.

As ever feel free to trust message me if you need someone to talk to. I'll be heading off to sleep shortly though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've seen a few dead people. The first was a shock. But after a few you become sanitised. I always fear my family finding me dead. We live about 7 miles apart and only see each other every two weeks. This might sound morbid but I worry how long I would be gone before anyone notices. :( But Death is death, we all have to face it, it's just the not knowing when.

Soldato
I'm just going to say don't think about it too much as you did all you could, take your mind off it for the next week and you'll start to feel better and forget about it somewhat. Have no personal experience around this kind of issue, I've see the family dog after he was put down but that is slightly different.

Soldato
Damn. That certainly not what you expect on a night out.
Relax, have something hot to drink, steer clear of alcohol for a few days.
Talk to friends and family regarding this.
If it is constantly on your mind, then speak to your gp.

Soldato
Really sorry to hear that mate as another person said at least you tried to help in a very bad situation and did all the right things, so be proud of yourself and I'm sure everyone that was there with you was very thankful you tried and very proud too. Cheer up mate and enjoy the new year, everything that happens in life is just a test of who we are and you passed that one with flying colours. :)

Soldato
Good on you for trying to resuscitate him; I'm sure many would not be able to bring themselves to do the same thing, if placed in the same scenario.

Caporegime
That sucks mate, sorry to hear it. Unfortunately these things happen in life and there's not much you can do to prevent it. You did what you could to help but sadly mother nature had other ideas, try think of other things, it'll pass with time. Good luck :)

Soldato
He was in a sleeping bag on top of his bed knees up mouth open.
About 35 years of age.

Just don't understand

Sorry to hear mate, sometimes it just happens. Sometimes it happens for seemingly no reason. The main point is that you tried to help - that is the important part.

If you need anyone to talk to feel free to trust me a message :)

Back
Top Bottom