have to tell someone

Soldato
Seeing death is quite a disturbing experience; unfortunately for me I've seen it in both my parents and other family members. Quite surreal to watch life empty from a body in front of your eyes.

Good on you for trying; that's all anyone can ever do. Warm drink and slowly process the event in to something positive.

Caporegime
Did you mean desensitised?

Dunno, does he? Depends what he does upon discovering said dead body.

//The first time I saw a corpse was when I was about 12-13. It was being hauled out of a car boot in the middle of the afternoon with crowds around the car watching (the cops aren't very subtle in South Africa). Turned out this guy had been missing for three weeks and was only discovered when someone reported a stench in the supermarket which owned the car park where it was parked.

Also, November 2006. I was fresh in London, 22 years old, living with my cousin and a few mates in a house share on Marcia road. We did what 22 years olds did, party and drink and stuff. One tuesday night everyone went out and I stayed at home because I was skint. I was living on the ground floor at the time. At around 2:30 am I wake up to the sound of screaming, was my cousin's girlfriend. They'd had a fight whilst out and he left the group to go home. She came home a few hours later, and this is when I woke up. My cousin had fashioned a noose out of bed sheets and hung himself from the banister. By the time anyone got there it was too late. This year is the 10th year without him. Such a shame.

Man of Honour
Seeing death is quite a disturbing experience; unfortunately for me I've seen it in both my parents and other family members. Quite surreal to watch life empty from a body in front of your eyes.

Good on you for trying; that's all anyone can ever do. Warm drink and slowly process the event in to something positive.

First time I encountered it had to take a short holiday and have the new places and new experiences push it to one side in my mind - nowadays mostly desensitised to it though probably some situations where it would still hit me.

Permabanned
OP
Thanks guys.

It's been on my mind all day.
Found out I do know him, I worked with him about 15 years ago.
He's about 40 years old.

Thing is I never realized last night who it was, there was only a table lamp on so quite dark in the room.

Apparently he was loving life and love spending time with his 4 daughters.

RIP big col.

Soldato
I've seen a few dead people. The first was a shock. But after a few you become sanitised. I always fear my family finding me dead. We live about 7 miles apart and only see each other every two weeks. This might sound morbid but I worry how long I would be gone before anyone notices. :( But Death is death, we all have to face it, it's just the not knowing when.
Wtf... seen a few dead people? What are you? A funeral director?

Soldato
Sorry to hear this. The memory will probably stay with you for a while but it will get easier. Mouth open and knees slightly bent is pretty common due to chemical changes in the body after death so try not to think of it as scary. Bodies almost never look like they do in TV and film. Usually. Mouth open, eyes open!

I've seen a lot, probably 1500+ in the past year
- it gets easier.

Gotta echo a lot of a responses on here.

In Stafford Market Square (by Boots etc), late 2013, saw a guy lying flat on the ground. Paramedics attempted CPR on him but to no avail. They got him onto a trolley and into the waiting ambulance and it set off. No blue lights sounded as it went off, so I presumed he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Certainly not a nice sight, although not as harrowing as the OP's story as the OP knew the guy (where for me I didn't know him).

You just don't know when the Grim Reaper is going to come out. Being overweight and all that, it does spring to my mind at times.

Back
Top Bottom