Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Don
Just got into this (after picking it up in the black friday sale) - couple of noob questions:

1. How often do items drop? is it just when you rank up, or do you get random drops as well? Is it always at the end of the match?
2. I have only played Arms Race/Demolition and Casual modes. Can I play the Competitive mode as a solo player? Will I screw up my ranking etc by doing this?
3. Why does nobody play anything other than Dust2 and Mirage on the main rotation? :D

Soldato
Just got into this (after picking it up in the black friday sale) - couple of noob questions:

1. How often do items drop? is it just when you rank up, or do you get random drops as well? Is it always at the end of the match?
2. I have only played Arms Race/Demolition and Casual modes. Can I play the Competitive mode as a solo player? Will I screw up my ranking etc by doing this?
3. Why does nobody play anything other than Dust2 and Mirage on the main rotation? :D

You haven't got a rank until you've played your ten competitive games - what you're seeing looks like a rank in any other game, but it's not actually relevant to CSGO. Your CSGO rank is what determines what skill level of game you play in (who you're playing with), whereas the rank you're seeing now has no bearing on anything to do with actual gameplay, aside from the ability to play with Prime Matchmaking.

You can indeed play comps solo - you may have to unless you have four friends to play in a game with. It's also worth noting that there's a 21hr(?) mandatory break between two comp wins if you're just starting out, so don't expect it to be done quickly. Once you've got 10 comp wins, you can play as often as you like.

Soldato
Item drops can be random. Apparently you get one skin and one crate a week(although I have had 2 skins and a crate so maybe you're just guaranteed one of each at least). Always at end of match afaik.

Because they're the best maps :D.

Solo is horrible in my experience. Only so many griefers I could take before I gave up :(.

Soldato
Yes solo is very hit and miss. Or hit, miss, miss, miss, hit, miss, miss, miss...

Yup. Especially when you first start, as you get so many smurfs and cheaters etc. Trolls aplenty too.

Later on you still get some of them, but way less so with the Prime Matchmaking thing with the 'One account only' thing.

Soldato
You dont absolutely have to play official valve matchmaking, in theory you can arrange your own games or use 3rd party services.
Its just that the in game valve competitive is very convenient, which is a blessing and a curse

Come play this if you want, as it has an admin and 5v5 its more like how original cs was done
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe...3_hours_eu_de_ellesmere_playtest_followed_by/

Main thing as a new player is to get rank 21 so you can get prime games

CzhfjIjUsAAtiTA.jpg:large

rip clg :(

Last edited:
Associate
Well Gaben blessed me this morning, had some rubbish skins that i never use so decided to open some Cases for Xmas, ended up putting like £9 of my own money into the keys and opened a Karambit Gamma doppler Phase 2, worth around £500 :o

Associate
OP
anyone else having issues find games? can't even get on to arms race, 10 to 15 min wait time

There are a lot of people on my steam friends list complaining of the same + losing ranks and so on. Not sure what is going on tbh, I've not played since before Christmas due to work commitments.

Soldato
One of the most infuriating things as a solo competitive player, is when you're put in a team with a 4 man.

Played a game last night with 4 Russians, they seemed fine but on the round we were going to comfortably win the match they vote kicked me and laughed hysterically down the mics. And I was carrying them :(

Soldato
Not working for me either.

Servers were down last night.

still showing crazy wait times for games for me

One of the most infuriating things as a solo competitive player, is when you're put in a team with a 4 man.

Played a game last night with 4 Russians, they seemed fine but on the round we were going to comfortably win the match they vote kicked me and laughed hysterically down the mics. And I was carrying them :(

oh aint that just fun! really wish there was a way to filter out the ******* Russians/poles/ukranians. my experience of them has taught me that they are almost always cheating in some shape or form and those that aren't are utterly poop!

Back
Top Bottom