Anonymous bank account for bank transfers

Caporegime
Is there a way to set up an account that can receive payments without giving out my name etc?

Guessing theres things like business accounts that i can put a business name instead of personal name

Caporegime
OP
Freefaller;30495553 said:
I think not owing to money laundering checks that are in place?

I mean its ok for the bamk to have details etc. Just with it being a bit of a side business id rather not be sending out personal info.

Soldato
Tefal;30495548 said:
Is there a way to set up an account that can receive payments without giving out my name etc?

Guessing theres things like business accounts that i can put a business name instead of personal name

For a business account, the business will need to be registered to someone.

I guess the question is "why?" because if it's for something illegal, there's a number of ways to do so (which are also illegal, but in for a penny...)

Caporegime
OP
Mr^B;30495602 said:
For a business account, the business will need to be registered to someone.

I guess the question is "why?" because if it's for something illegal, there's a number of ways to do so (which are also illegal, but in for a penny...)

All legal just i think the customers are likley to be weirdos lol

Just rather it go to acc no/sort code /business name

Rather than my personal account

Soldato
Tefal;30495548 said:

For what reason are you asking?

Soldato
Tefal;30495598 said:
I mean its ok for the bamk to have details etc. Just with it being a bit of a side business id rather not be sending out personal info.

In that case, a business account will cover that - it'll just be the bank who have your personal details.

The people paying could, of course, check the business registration details (which the bank would require also), even as a sole trader - and from that they could get your personal details...at the very least your name and address.

What's wrong with using paypal or something similar? You'd only need an email address in that case, which could be whatever you wanted...

Caporegime
OP
Mr^B;30495607 said:
In that case, a business account will cover that - it'll just be the bank who have your personal details.

The people paying could, of course, check the business registration details (which the bank would require also), even as a sole trader - and from that they could get your personal details...at the very least your name and address.

What's wrong with using paypal or something similar? You'd only need an email address in that case, which could be whatever you wanted...

Pay pal is the hassle of people doing charge backs/scams clsimed its not arrived etc.

Least a bank transfer i know is more secure

Soldato
I think if you want a business bank ac in the UK, you will need to have set up a company via Companies House. Also, you will get charged more by your bank for the operation of the account. So there is a cost factor here.

Caporegime
OP
radderfire;30495613 said:
I think if you want a business bank ac in the UK, you will need to have set up a company via Companies House. Also, you will get charged more by your bank for the operation of the account. So there is a cost factor here.

Hmm might just make a secondary personal account for it then.

Suppose all they can grt is my name (or can you give any name for a bank trasnfer?)

Soldato
Tefal;30495614 said:
Hmm might just make a secondary personal account for it then.

Suppose all they can grt is my name (or can you give any name for a bank trasnfer?)

In theory you could just give the ac number and sort code. However ac name is useful to the bank in case the sender gets the numbers wrong. Also, if you are running a business, you need to provide some sort of invoice anyway, which would normally show your name and address if you aren't a registered company.

Caporegime
OP
Ok cool thanks man. If thid actually does make some money and i reach the 1k tax exempt limit and it seems worth the effort I'll probbaly end up speaking to an acdountant to get it all sorted.

Just want to see if its worth the hassle first

Back
Top Bottom