is £200 possible

Associate
Hello
My friend has a max budget of £200. He only needs it for work and videos. Nothing intensive.
The parts he needs
case
mobo
cpu
ram
ssd
psu

Would it be possible within 200. He does not mind second hand/b grade.
He does not have anything to carry over.

Thanks.

Associate
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £231.61
(includes shipping: £11.70)

That's about as low as I could get including B grade components, but you might be able to do better with a refurbished system and swap out the included hard drive for an SSD or get a cheap barebones mini PC which you have to add RAM and an SSD to.

Soldato
Soldato
With used parts I think this would be possible
Some i5 2500(k) 8GB RAM and motherboard setups are going for cheap on the members market as they become older, however they are still very valid and good CPUs

If you look around on used sites such as the MM if you have access you should be able to pick up a used mobo/CPU/RAM, SSD and possibly PSU if you are happy to do so
Cases there are not huge savings to be had getting used so getting a reasonably cheap £30 case would suffice

Associate
OP
my friend has managed to get a cheap motherboard and ssd for £80

Is this okay for the rest?

Capture.PNG

Is this okay for the rest?
Would it be better to just get one of those zoomstorms for the same price?
Thanks

Associate
It depends on if the motherboard your friend has sourced actually supports socket FM2+ processors, but even then you can still save a bit more by going for a socket FM2 processor like the A4-4020 (socket FM2+ motherboards will still support socket FM2 processors, but not the other way around) and since your friend has already paid for the other components it wouldn't be of much use buying a whole other computer like the bottom of the barrel zoostorm delta system.

Soldato
I dont think you can get those parts new now they are 2yrs old ? Replace the CPU and motherboard for the socket 1151 equivalents and get DDR4 RAM instead.
Just read the first post again and your friend will struggle with 4gb of RAM if doing video work. Need at least 8gb preferably 16gb. I think you are going to struggle for £200 new. Look 2nd hand.

Back
Top Bottom