• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
Benchmark for 1080ti founders for anyone interested.

Soldato
For anyone fitting a block it is good idea to have a proper 4mm socket to undo the bolts on the back of the PCB as it is very easy to damage components using pliers or even a spanner.

I'd definitely recommend using a socket, I used pliers & while I don't think I damaged anything I'm not so sure now.

Associate
Thanks Vapor, posted in the correct place now, Robzere31 - hope you sort it, I know your probably annoyed at the moment, but I am looking to maybe fit my Ek Titan x block to 1080ti FE today or tomorrow. Any other special bits required Torx e.t.c.

best advice I can give, is right tools for the right job, pliers I don't recommend! and take your time, more haste less speed as they say.

Associate
Are you guys doing a driver wipe, or just whacking the card straight in and updating the drivers?

Also, i dont have a water cooled system, is there a all in one solution?

Associate
Finally blocked up, hate doing it specially after reading the post earlier. Granted I have a "cheat" setup as I use the Predator pre-filled QDC!
Had a nice TimeSpy run of 9778 (http://www.3dmark.com/spy/1352672). I've posted in the TS thread. Hit max temp of 56c but not too concerned considering it's a single 240 rad cooling both the GPU and CPU

Associate
Are you guys doing a driver wipe, or just whacking the card straight in and updating the drivers?

Also, i dont have a water cooled system, is there a all in one solution?

I had a nightmare with the drivers. First tried doing a clean install via the Nvidia installer, driver install failed. Tried DDU, driver install failed. Found a post on Reddit saying about deleting the Nvidia folder in C:\Windows\Temp, that didn't work either -.- Eventually manually updated the Windows driver in device manager (pointing to the C:\Nvidia path where the installer extracts) and then running the driver setup.

Soldato
Had to use little 6" adjustable on my 1080's but yes 4mm socket is a must! I wouldnt dare to used pliers as there are loads of tiny caps and stuff within a few mm of the heads.

Got a nice socket set ready now for when my Ti's arrive.

What kind of overclocks are you guys seeing? Just interested :D

Back
Top Bottom