***E3 - 2017 ***

Soldato
Overall quite a boring unsurprising E3.

Neither Sony or MS blew me away to be honest. The highlight was undoubtedly the Xbox One X unveiling but games wise it felt fairly meh.

Sony probably edged it on games but I was expecting them to really raise their game here and they were missing some big hitters that they strangely showed off last year....

Maybe I'm getting harder to please!

Soldato
OP
not console exclusive. its on PC.

exclusive to console means its not on PC either

Between the two consoles you could play it on..only one will have it.
The term "exclusive" has to be stretched sure, point is, you wont see the game on a Sony machine. So yes, its still very much exclusive.

Soldato
Seriously, what are MS playing at? They showed a bunch of games for the One X but how many of them are proper exclusives, not timed exclusives? At least Sony have Spiderman, Days Gone, God of War and Detroit: Become Human, all of which looked pretty cool. The lack of AAA MS exclusives was staggering (I don't consider it an exclusive if it's also going to be available for PC). MS gave me very little reason why I should fork out £449 for a One X.

Soldato
spiderman looks awsome

Between the two consoles you could play it on..only one will have it.
The term "exclusive" has to be stretched sure, point is, you wont see the game on a Sony machine. So yes, its still very much exclusive.
but thats not prper exclusive.

exclusive means its on one platform machine only and its not. I have a Gaming PC so a xbone is a waste of time and money when all the games are coming out on my PC

So? still console exclusives.
for me console excluisve means its on one console machine and not on another console or PC platform

Caporegime
exclusive means its on one platform machine only and its not. I have a Gaming PC so a xbone is a waste of time and money when all the games are coming out on my PC

It sounds as if you're not happy with your PC if you WANT to buy the Xbox but won't because it offers nothing different. So why not just ditch your PC and get the Xbox instead? :p

Soldato
OP
i am happy with my PC. it will play the xbone games better .

im just saying that a xbone is pointless for anyone that has a gaming PC

You are completely right, lets all of us demand that MS stop putting there first party titles into PC, just so they can be "exclusive" to one platform.
How dare they actually start doing what PC gamers asked for for a long time. I guess they where wrong to listen to those that said "exclusives" kill gaming etc.
Why does ANYONE think that because some own a powerful enough PC machine..that means NO ONE ELSE wants to by the XboX?
What doe you owning a gaming PC have to do with what anyone else would be buying to run thw games at the same kinda quality that you can run them at?..only..at a significantly lower price.

Last edited:
Soldato
I said this in another thread. IF you own a high spec PC and want a console then the PS4 may be the way to go as then you'll be able to play the majority of both exclusives and have the best of both worlds. Especially if MS are going all out on making XboneX and PC the same thing..

Soldato
You are completely right, lets all of us demand that MS stop putting there first party titles into PC, just so they can be "exclusive" to one platform.
How dare they actually start doing what PC gamers asked for for a long time. I guess they where wrong to listen to those that said "exclusives" kill gaming etc.
how dare? i wish all games came out on pc including the sony games so i can toss all consoles in the bin

Soldato

Look this move essentially hurts their console prowess at least to an extent. People like myself now have no reason to continue to invest in the Xbox platform.

I should be their audience for the X as I have a 4k TV and I am an XBox One owner but given their exclusives now come to both PC and XBox I don't need an XBox One X to enjoy these games at their best.

That's where Sony really do have the lead now, even if we take the whole PC/XBox debate out of the equation, when you look at the exclusives coming to PS4 over the next while they have far and away the better library of games. In fact over the last few years they've continued to consistently deliver.

I think Microsoft are going to struggle with the X just as they have throughout this generation.

Soldato
for me console excluisve means its on one console machine and not on another console or PC platform

You're the only person I have heard of that thinks that. It seems to be commonly acceptable that 'exclusive' means on one platform only. Console exclusive means it is on one console and PC.
Bloodborne is a Playstation exclusive
Street Fighter V is a PlayStation console exclusive

This is what is accepted by everyone, except for you it would seem.

Soldato
OP
Look this move essentially hurts their console prowess at least to an extent. People like myself now have no reason to continue to invest in the Xbox platform.

I should be their audience for the X as I have a 4k TV and I am an XBox One owner but given their exclusives now come to both PC and XBox I don't need an XBox One X to enjoy these games at their best.

That's where Sony really do have the lead now, even if we take the whole PC/XBox debate out of the equation, when you look at the exclusives coming to PS4 over the next while they have far and away the better library of games. In fact over the last few years they've continued to consistently deliver.

I think Microsoft are going to struggle with the X just as they have throughout this generation.
Where do you buy there games from then on PC?

Associate
You're the only person I have heard of that thinks that. It seems to be commonly acceptable that 'exclusive' means on one platform only. Console exclusive means it is on one console and PC.
Bloodborne is a Playstation exclusive
Street Fighter V is a PlayStation console exclusive

This is what is accepted by everyone, except for you it would seem.

Lol agree, just seems his interpretation is unique, despite the term being very clear.

Unless he classes PC as a console :)

Associate
Isn't it still the case that once a console is released, the companies make very little off the sales till the slim consoles come in? I was always under the assumption that they make the majority of their money from game sales. MS opening their game sales to two platforms should mean way more money for them?

Back
Top Bottom