Help me find a new game please :)

Soldato
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines! An older RPG game that I'm playing for the first time and it's so, so good. Considered by many to be one of the best RPGs ever made and was only not proclaimed so as it was full of bugs when first released. Those problems have since been patched. It's reduced to £4 on GOG.com just now which includes the additional patches. If you want immersion, look no further...

That is actually anamazing game. I might replay it myself...

Soldato
Isn't it? Just completed it last week and I'm gutted it's over. There is what's known as the plus patch available though that adds new maps, quests and changes the game play mechanics a bit so I'm looking forward to using that when I get round to playing it again...

Another one of the great things about this game is how replaying it as a different character makes the game so different e.g. Malkavian

I still remember that slave I had, genuinely weird and disturbing but so involving and memorable.

And those blonde twins J

Soldato
Another one of the great things about this game is how replaying it as a different character makes the game so different e.g. Malkavian

I still remember that slave I had, genuinely weird and disturbing but so involving and memorable.

And those blonde twins J

Yeah I played as a Malkavian for my first play through although it recommended to leave that class for a second play through but I really enjoyed the funny and quite clever dialogue options. And yes, so many memorable quests and characters, Jeanette and VV especially...

Soldato
Just completed Bulletstorm for a great fun, over the top FPs with unique gameplay style.

Yeah I played as a Malkavian for my first play through although it recommended to leave that class for a second play through but I really enjoyed the funny and quite clever dialogue options. And yes, so many memorable quests and characters, Jeanette and VV especially...

Does this hold up today? I'm a little sensitive to poor graphics and the shoddier controls of yesteryear.

Soldato
Just completed Bulletstorm for a great fun, over the top FPs with unique gameplay style.

Does this hold up today? I'm a little sensitive to poor graphics and the shoddier controls of yesteryear.

Absolutely! The graphics are fine considering it's age and the controls are smooth and decent. It's such a cool game and for only £4 on GOG just now it would be shame to not give it a go...

Associate
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines! An older RPG game that I'm playing for the first time and it's so, so good. Considered by many to be one of the best RPGs ever made and was only not proclaimed so as it was full of bugs when first released. Those problems have since been patched. It's reduced to £4 on GOG.com just now which includes the additional patches. If you want immersion, look no further...

With mods its such an awesome game - I wouldn't say its the best RPG; that still held by Planescape: Torment ;) but it easily in the top 10 if not top 5. It really did capture masquerade system so well.....:) as someone said; that freaking hotel :D

Associate
Ni

Nice one thanks, any you would recommend?

When I get off work and get a chance I'll look up what I have :D there were like 3 unofficial patches that are a must; texture patch - I swear there was expanded mod that packaged a lot together and added more missions in it. Seriously the mod community really loves this game - lots on nexus mods for it

Soldato
Ni

Nice one thanks, any you would recommend?
Good call picking up the game - I haven't heard of anyone whose tried it and not liked it. If you bought the GOG version then it comes bundled with the unofficial patch (also know as True Patch gold) so you need only hit the play button. The other patch that is considered the best is 'Wesp's unofficial patch' or better know as just 'the plus' patch as it adds new maps and tweaks some gameplay elements. The recommendation is to play with just the standard (true patch gold) unofficial patch for your first play through and save the plus patch for later play throughs. The games dialogue options and storyline are a little bit different for each class of vampire so the game has massive replay potential. The easiest place to find information about the available mods is the community thread on the GOG forums. Here's a link for you - https://www.gog.com/forum/vampire_t..._masquerade_bloodlines_patches_mods_etc/page1

I didn't bother with any of the texture mods or what not but then I not a big modder - usually only bother with it when it's a necessity - but for me the game looks absolutely fine anyway without them...

Soldato
Can also recommend EU4 as my favorite strategy game of all time!

For platform games definitely give Inside a shot if you can get it cheap enough, it's not very long at around 3-4 hours, but it's very, very well produced and atmospheric. I paid about a tenner I think for it which I thought was worth it.

For FPS games if you've not played them then the Metro Redux games are both good, and the new gen Wolfenstein games are also fun as well. The new Doom game is a grass roots sort of FPS game with a good feel to it.

Soldato
Good call picking up the game - I haven't heard of anyone whose tried it and not liked it. If you bought the GOG version then it comes bundled with the unofficial patch (also know as True Patch gold) so you need only hit the play button. The other patch that is considered the best is 'Wesp's unofficial patch' or better know as just 'the plus' patch as it adds new maps and tweaks some gameplay elements. The recommendation is to play with just the standard (true patch gold) unofficial patch for your first play through and save the plus patch for later play throughs. The games dialogue options and storyline are a little bit different for each class of vampire so the game has massive replay potential. The easiest place to find information about the available mods is the community thread on the GOG forums. Here's a link for you - https://www.gog.com/forum/vampire_t..._masquerade_bloodlines_patches_mods_etc/page1

I didn't bother with any of the texture mods or what not but then I not a big modder - usually only bother with it when it's a necessity - but for me the game looks absolutely fine anyway without them...

Wow, great and informative reply, really appreciate you taking the time, cheers.

Quite looking forward to it now, just got to wait for the missus to go to bed :):p

Back
Top Bottom