• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rx480 prices.... mining?

Permabanned
I'm waiting for my R9 390 to be repaired/replaced and if they send back an R9 390 I'm thinking of doing exactly this - selling it and buying a 980Ti with the money.

Good idea in the current situation with graphics card availability or a risky move because of no warranty on a 2nd hand 980Ti?
Well 290x was out of warranty anyway haha

OcUK Staff
Guys

Certainly get them bloody sold, I can tell you now AMD are improving stocking situation so 570 and 580 could be in stock soon, that will mean demand for older second hand stuff will reduce.

SO GET THOSE 290/390/470/480 and even 79xx on EBAY NOW, because in another month they could be worth half!

Grab the money whilst you can because it means you can buy something way more powerful or just put the money towards a 1080Ti. :D

OcUK Staff
I'll make it so over the weekend..

Cheers.

Good luck, normally they fetch £150 (RX 480), so now whilst upto £500 is possible, seriously guys get them gone, because that buys you a 1080 or 1080Ti.

Also because this whole mining situation is a big issue I am going to look after forum members by issuing forum discount codes on certain in high demand mining SKU's where gamers can get them at a none crazy inflated price to look after the community, of course you won't be allowed to buy more than 2 though. ;)

But prices have rocketed everywhere, so I'd like to be able to offer some SKU's in July at none crazy prices or be able to hold some of our current low 1080 and 1080Ti prices where they are.

Just right now miners are buying everything, I am about to launch AMD range of mining cards to try and stop the consumer SKU's from selling as AMD have given OcUK the go ahead to list mining SKU's online to try and divert sales to those product.

OcUK may also operate a trade your RX 470/480 card into OcUK for an in-store credit for those not wishing to sell on ebay, but this needs looking into as might not be possible from an accounting point of view to do it, so not too much excitement yet guys! :)

Caporegime
Got to say that is some quality service there now :)

Any chance you could do something similar for us 290 owners who are still waiting for a "true" AMD upgrade option? :p I imagine that there are still quite a lot of 290 owners on here.

Soldato
Good luck, normally they fetch £150 (RX 480), so now whilst upto £500 is possible, seriously guys get them gone, because that buys you a 1080 or 1080Ti.

Also because this whole mining situation is a big issue I am going to look after forum members by issuing forum discount codes on certain in high demand mining SKU's where gamers can get them at a none crazy inflated price to look after the community, of course you won't be allowed to buy more than 2 though. ;)

But prices have rocketed everywhere, so I'd like to be able to offer some SKU's in July at none crazy prices or be able to hold some of our current low 1080 and 1080Ti prices where they are.

Just right now miners are buying everything, I am about to launch AMD range of mining cards to try and stop the consumer SKU's from selling as AMD have given OcUK the go ahead to list mining SKU's online to try and divert sales to those product.

OcUK may also operate a trade your RX 470/480 card into OcUK for an in-store credit for those not wishing to sell on ebay, but this needs looking into as might not be possible from an accounting point of view to do it, so not too much excitement yet guys! :)

You the man.

Soldato

This has peaked my interest, might have to sling this possible in store credit towards a 1080/ti and new rig :O

Sitting on an RX 480 Gaming X 8gb.

Back
Top Bottom