So, anyone got an iRobot Roomba or other robot vacuum cleaner?

Soldato
Interesting, as on mine it certainly collects the dust around the inlet as that review described. However, my floors are pretty damn clean in general so I think maybe you just had more debris laying around. When your Mi does it's job on a regular basis and the dirt/dust levels in our place stabilize then I would guess that you will also find that your box is pretty light on debris at the end.

Amazing piece of kit though. :)
Well, I've done downstairs twice and upstairs once so far, and each time the box was full to the corners. So maybe if you live in a rat infested pigsty like my house, the debris will work its way into all areas of the box as necessary. If you instead live in a nice tidy place like yours, maybe the debris collects around the inlet, as there's not enough smeg to push it outwards?

Point being - Maybe you need to get some rats and pigs in?

Caporegime
OP
Well, I've done downstairs twice and upstairs once so far, and each time the box was full to the corners. So maybe if you live in a rat infested pigsty like my house, the debris will work its way into all areas of the box as necessary. If you instead live in a nice tidy place like yours, maybe the debris collects around the inlet, as there's not enough smeg to push it outwards?

Point being - Maybe you need to get some rats and pigs in?
LOL - that made me laugh. :D

Rats and pigs duly ordered! On a more serious note though I live alone and am pretty tidy in general and run my Roomba twice a week (soon to rise to thrice), so it makes sense I don't have much dust/mess.

Soldato
I'm currently addicted to watching the live LIDAR/movement feed from the Xiaomi on my phone while it's working! Proper scifi-tech stuff! :)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

It's here!

20170624_1658281_zps7hos0zdr.jpg

20170624_1918221_zpsxwzcxral.jpg

It's just done one circuit (just living room - 29m2, I'll let it loose on the hall/kitchen later) and it certainly works! And I vacuumed with the normal vacuum yesterday!

20170624_1912371_zpsmuwgvsq4.jpg

I love it already!

Soldato
I presume they don't do corners and edges very well so you have to go round manually and do those?
Edges not too bad, corners poorly... By that I mean about 2-3cm squared in a corner is not reached.

I haven't vacuumed manually since I got mine!

If we're having people around, I just set the robot off instead!

Caporegime
OP
It's here!

It's just done one circuit (just living room - 29m2, I'll let it loose on the hall/kitchen later) and it certainly works! And I vacuumed with the normal vacuum yesterday!

If it got all that after 1 day then you're hoovering job was a bit pap. :p

Jokes aside, the robot is thorough and methodical, doesn't get bored or distracted, so in reality it does do better than the majority of manual cleaning situations. :)

Soldato

Jokes aside, the robot is thorough and methodical, doesn't get bored or distracted, so in reality it does do better than the majority of manual cleaning situations. :)
Also seems suprisingly good with (short) pet fur too. Seems to get loads of it up...

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

You're not wrong!

Exactly.

Associate
Planning on getting one for our house so we only have to vaccum once a month with the Dyson but my concern is how well does it work on carpets?

Also, I'm torn between the Eufy RoboVac 11 for £150 (1000Pa suction power and 2600mAh 1.5 hours battery) or Xiaomi Mi Robot for £238 (1800Pa suction power and 5200mAh 2.5 hours battery), which one would you say is better?

Caporegime
OP
Planning on getting one for our house so we only have to vaccum once a month with the Dyson but my concern is how well does it work on carpets?

Also, I'm torn between the Eufy RoboVac 11 for £150 (1000Pa suction power and 2600mAh 1.5 hours battery) or Xiaomi Mi Robot for £238 (1800Pa suction power and 5200mAh 2.5 hours battery), which one would you say is better?
Fine on carpets as has been asked multiple times in this thread, and as for the other question which of the two listed do you think is better? Tip: maybe the one with 2x better specs that is getting constant rave reviews in this thread and all over the internet, while being directly compared to the Roomba 980? It's all down to your own budget.

Do some searching and reading of reviews, as well as on Youtube.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom