Steam Summer Sale 2017 - 22nd June

Soldato
Well, I ended up buying more than I was expecting to :)

I picked up:

Doom - I just had to at £9.99. I was waiting for it to go below £15, simply because I don't always have time for gaming but at under £10 it's a bargain that I can get around to playing within the next few weeks. I've played a bit and yeah, it just feels like Doom. It's a proper job!

Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - I've had these on my radar for a long time, but never actually committed to purchasing them. At £7.49 each they were reasonable, but I've since realised that they were cheaper before the Steam sale £4.49, £3 each cheaper. I haven't yet played them and have plenty else to play so I might refund these for the time being. It just goes to show that the larger sale event prices aren't always the cheapest!

RAGE - It was £1.99, and seemed like a no-brainer to me. A chance to check out a different IP from id, I've always quite liked the look of it. It seems like Doom crossed with Fallout and Borderlands. We'll see how it goes!

Sniper Elite v3 - I picked this up purely for the co-op multiplayer. If me and my friend ever get around to it that is! But even the single-player campaign looks pretty good fun.

Just Cause 3 - I've never actually ever played a JC game, but I've watched them be played and they always look like a lot of fun. The game is ridiculous, in a very good way. I've spent a few hours playing it over the last few days and you can just do whatever you want in it. The map is huge, and it looks amazing. Parachuting down into a group of enemies whilst firing your weapon is so awesome! And the grapple is a lot of fun to play with. This purchase has been the highlight for me so far!

Star Dew Valley - The game itself looks charming and very laid-back to play. I picked up a copy for me, and also gifted one to my wife so that she can play it on her laptop. I've only started it up and played about 10 minutes, but it looks like it's a little gem of a game!

Banished - Another that I've had my eye on for quite a while. It amazes me that one person created a game like this. I loved Anno so I've always seen Banished as being a long the same lines. Again, I've only played for about 15 minutes but it's a pretty in-depth game.

And that's it. Add that to my library of hundreds of games that I'm yet to even start up or install, and I'm good to go!

Soldato
Well, I ended up buying more than I was expecting to :)

I picked up:

Doom - I just had to at £9.99. I was waiting for it to go below £15, simply because I don't always have time for gaming but at under £10 it's a bargain that I can get around to playing within the next few weeks. I've played a bit and yeah, it just feels like Doom. It's a proper job!

Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - I've had these on my radar for a long time, but never actually committed to purchasing them. At £7.49 each they were reasonable, but I've since realised that they were cheaper before the Steam sale £4.49, £3 each cheaper. I haven't yet played them and have plenty else to play so I might refund these for the time being. It just goes to show that the larger sale event prices aren't always the cheapest!

RAGE - It was £1.99, and seemed like a no-brainer to me. A chance to check out a different IP from id, I've always quite liked the look of it. It seems like Doom crossed with Fallout and Borderlands. We'll see how it goes!

Sniper Elite v3 - I picked this up purely for the co-op multiplayer. If me and my friend ever get around to it that is! But even the single-player campaign looks pretty good fun.

Just Cause 3 - I've never actually ever played a JC game, but I've watched them be played and they always look like a lot of fun. The game is ridiculous, in a very good way. I've spent a few hours playing it over the last few days and you can just do whatever you want in it. The map is huge, and it looks amazing. Parachuting down into a group of enemies whilst firing your weapon is so awesome! And the grapple is a lot of fun to play with. This purchase has been the highlight for me so far!

Star Dew Valley - The game itself looks charming and very laid-back to play. I picked up a copy for me, and also gifted one to my wife so that she can play it on her laptop. I've only started it up and played about 10 minutes, but it looks like it's a little gem of a game!

Banished - Another that I've had my eye on for quite a while. It amazes me that one person created a game like this. I loved Anno so I've always seen Banished as being a long the same lines. Again, I've only played for about 15 minutes but it's a pretty in-depth game.

And that's it. Add that to my library of hundreds of games that I'm yet to even start up or install, and I'm good to go!

Don't refund the new Wolfenstein games - not the New Order anyway! Such an amazing game and as good as anything else you picked up and better than most in my opinion...

Back
Top Bottom