what the....dpd

Soldato
Indeed. Only delivery company I've never had an issue with. Citylink were a total nightmare, I've had them outright lie to my face twice. Glad they went bust.
Oh god Citylink lol, the reason I switched to OCUK as my supplier of choice like 15 years ago is because they used DPD whereas my previous supplier used Citylink, /vomit.

"Sorry we couldn't deliver your parcel, so we have taken it back to the depo, not the one 20mins away over the border in England, the nearest one in Wales, a mere two and a half hour round trip away" >.>

Associate
Talking of DPD, just received notification of a delivery made to me by them. Apparently in a safe place in my front porch....

I just hope its still there when i get back home!! There is just a short driveway between my front door and the street so will be in plain view of people walking past.

Soldato
DPD can do no wrong?

Yeh, must have been my imagination then when I waited in all day for a delivery from OCUK, only to be informed that the driver had attempted delivery and got no answer, and left a phantom calling card.

Associate
A55 was shut for a few hours after a man fell from a bridge and by the looks of that pic the delivery van was a few hundred meters away when he hit the queue so had no choice but suck it up and wait.

Ah well. First world problems
FluffySheep

Soldato
DPD can do no wrong?

Yeh, must have been my imagination then when I waited in all day for a delivery from OCUK, only to be informed that the driver had attempted delivery and got no answer, and left a phantom calling card.

Had similar recently - was expecting a delivery to work last Friday, only to get a message "no-one was available to sign for your parcel"... what, except for the 30 odd people in the building in full view of the front door? :rolleyes:

To be fair, it's the first time they've messed up a delivery for me, but at least be honest and tell me you ran out of time or just plain couldn't be bothered!

Associate
We had the pleasant experience of literally being called liars by DPD after their driver went to the wrong flat, claimed to have put a card through a door that he admitted he couldn't get to because of a locked gate, and even took a photo of a front door that not only wasn't ours but also didn't have the same door number where he said he put the card in!
Even the GPS data showed he had gone to wrong address....

Needless to say we eventually got an apology and an assurance that they would investigate the driver's conduct.

Soldato
We had the pleasant experience of literally being called liars by DPD after their driver went to the wrong flat, claimed to have put a card through a door that he admitted he couldn't get to because of a locked gate, and even took a photo of a front door that not only wasn't ours but also didn't have the same door number where he said he put the card in!
Even the GPS data showed he had gone to wrong address....

Needless to say we eventually got an apology and an assurance that they would investigate the driver's conduct.

That sounds terrible! The whole point of the tracking, photo taking and cards is to show 100% clarity yet they decide to go against all the evidence.

On a positive note I rate DPD very highly, however it could be down to the local delivery guy Shaun who really seems to care and love his job. I think although DPD will have certain criteria to meet, it really is down to the local delivery driver.

Man of Honour
so dpd wont be delivering my parcel today due to severe weather!!!

seriously?

tell them you dont care and that if you dont get it delivered you will provide evidence to the police of the driver using a mobile while operating a motor vehicle ;)

Caporegime
OP
nope dpd are **** wits.

after saying they would redeliver today nothibg came, checked the track my parcel link they are now claiming they delivered the parcel and that it was signed for by me....

****** off now means ive had to cancel weekend plans :/

Soldato
Ow dear, dpd just msg'd me to say no one was in, except I have been here all day, phone head office, he has taken a picture of the wrong address, house looks nothing like ours, not sure how you can make a mistake if you punch our postcode into a satnav, which leaves him behind time and lying and just taking a picture of a random house.

Commissario
I'm very happy when a company use DPD for deliveries here. The local driver, Lonut is very friendly, always polite and if I see him doing his rounds while I'm out walking, he always stops for a few moments to pass the time of day. Really can't fault him.

Back
Top Bottom