£400 to spend on a handset, but which one?

Associate
Huawei Mate 10? (Non pro version).

A little bit over £450 depending where you source one from but I am seriously considering one of these at the moment, a bit of a monster of a phone as it's a 5.9" / 16:9 screen and I was toying between this or the Mate 10 Pro but this one to me stands out a little bit better... Plus the Pro is another £150 or so more.

Liam.

Soldato
Huawei Mate 10? (Non pro version).

A little bit over £450 depending where you source one from but I am seriously considering one of these at the moment, a bit of a monster of a phone as it's a 5.9" / 16:9 screen and I was toying between this or the Mate 10 Pro but this one to me stands out a little bit better... Plus the Pro is another £150 or so more.

Liam.

Might be a pain getting the non pro version as that won't be available in the UK officially. We're only getting the pro for some reason.

Caporegime
Seems rather pointless moving from the gs8 imo, I hate the fingerprint scanner to the point I don't use it, iris is hit and miss but still wouldn't give up the phone just because of those 2 things.

Only phone worthy of the upgrade would be a pixel 2 xl and even then, it has some downsides compared to gs 8 plus more issues or the 5t but then the camera is ****.

Associate
Might be a pain getting the non pro version as that won't be available in the UK officially. We're only getting the pro for some reason.

Yeah that's the catch I've been facing with at the moment if I do decide to get it, there are a few on the bay advertised as brand new and located in Ireland / France which can be shipped to the UK with postage & duties paid already paid... However I still wouldn't risk one off the bay if I can help it.

There are a couple of other technology retailers out there online which are also stocking it, one of which is meant to be reputable so it makes it even more tempting.

Liam.

Soldato
just re-read OP and thread and to be fair, all the phones mentioned are inferior to S8 in one way or another, be it screen, camera etc; I dislike the fingerprint scanner placement too, but learned to live with it. I use face recognition from time to time, but it's a gimmick. fingerprint works 99.9% of time.
The only other phone I'd consider now is Pixel 2 XL and that is quite costly. I certainly would not swap S8 for Oneplus, Honor (Huawei) or Nokia.

Soldato
OP
just re-read OP and thread and to be fair, all the phones mentioned are inferior to S8 in one way or another, be it screen, camera etc; I dislike the fingerprint scanner placement too, but learned to live with it. I use face recognition from time to time, but it's a gimmick. fingerprint works 99.9% of time.
The only other phone I'd consider now is Pixel 2 XL and that is quite costly. I certainly would not swap S8 for Oneplus, Honor (Huawei) or Nokia.
Hi all

I've had those same thoughts, decided to keep the s8 and use the unlock Patten mixed with the face recognition only use the bio scanner for security, the XL2 looks amazing but as you say it's way too expensive for me currently so going to stick with my s8 for now :D thanks chaps ...

Soldato
My girlfriend has the Honor 9, and it was great when we first got it, but it has slowed down considerably. Lots of freezing, app crashing, touchscreen problems.

We've also been unable to find a screen protector for it

Associate
My girlfriend has the Honor 9, and it was great when we first got it, but it has slowed down considerably. Lots of freezing, app crashing, touchscreen problems.

We've also been unable to find a screen protector for it

The reason I'm browsing this section is because my Honor 9 is slowing down considerably and freezing too. Fantastic camera but otherwise it's not a phone I'd recommend.

Soldato
I've been looking as well. I've decided to go for mi mix 2. A 64gb one from wonda mobile is 425 (they pay tax) or gearbest 364. Phone does look amazing. Global rom seems more standard but will probably put the EU rom on which is less cluttered.

Associate
Got a Honor V10 for myself and it is a nice phone, better camera pics taken than my 5t, just as smooth but I hate the way the screen keeps dimming even though I have auto brightness off.

Annoyed me so much that it is now on the bay for sale lol.

If you can live with that feature then I'm sure you'll enjoy the V10

Soldato
Got a Honor V10 for myself and it is a nice phone, better camera pics taken than my 5t, just as smooth but I hate the way the screen keeps dimming even though I have auto brightness off.

Annoyed me so much that it is now on the bay for sale lol.

If you can live with that feature then I'm sure you'll enjoy the V10
Interested in this, have a Nokia 8 and want a bigger screen. What's it on for.

Back
Top Bottom