Poll: Dogs or cats?

Cats or Dogs?

• Cats

Votes: 69 44.5%
  • Dogs

Votes: 86 55.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Having a dog is like having a child, only cheaper and more entertaining.

I prefer cats because we can leave our 2 all day and they will be perfectly happy roaming the house and looking after themselves. Our kitten even runs down to greet you when you walk in after a day at work.

Deffo cats here.

I get a recurring nightmare involving dogs. It followed a Corrie episode that I saw at my parents years ago where there was a guy called Jez Quigley. He was a drugs baron and a snitch gave evidence against him in court. After it backfired, Jez and his gang set these dogs against the snitch and left him for dead. I've had dreams on an off about this, the most recent one only being last year.

Soldato
Deffo cats here.

I get a recurring nightmare involving dogs. It followed a Corrie episode that I saw at my parents years ago where there was a guy called Jez Quigley. He was a drugs baron and a snitch gave evidence against him in court. After it backfired, Jez and his gang set these dogs against the snitch and left him for dead. I've had dreams on an off about this, the most recent one only being last year.

I mis-read that at first, seeing the word Collie instead of Corrie :).

Man of Honour
Dog. Preferably a proper sized dog. Even more preferably, one that eats cats.

Cats want me dead.
Dogs just want tummy rubs. Even the Police sniffer dog... which was awkward.

Had a grey puffball of a kitten follow me into the flat a few years back, only noticed when I heard something in the hall. Went through and saw it attacking the shoelaces. Picked up by scruff and deposited outside the flat door. Wasn't our kitten, weren't allowed cats, so out it goes.

Caporegime
Had a grey puffball of a kitten follow me into the flat a few years back, only noticed when I heard something in the hall. Went through and saw it attacking the shoelaces. Picked up by scruff and deposited outside the flat door. Wasn't our kitten, weren't allowed cats, so out it goes.
Slight note of dis-compassion there. Dog or cat it's just a young animal and probably wouldn't survive on its own.

Man of Honour
Slight note of dis-compassion there. Dog or cat it's just a young animal and probably wouldn't survive on its own.

Went out into the corridor of the flats. We were on the 2nd floor, wouldn't have been able to get there on it's own so it was someones on that corridor.

Wasn't there when the other half came home, so all good.

Associate
Cats for me, was 'my' pet as a kid and always been fond of em - now have another little fluffbag after 25 years and it's great to have around the house.

Think I'd like a dog later in life when I have more time for them (in addition to a cat).

Soldato
I've got a dog and two cats but I'll choose cats. The dog can be a bit of a dick sometimes and being a very reactive collie he is a lot of work whereas the cat sleeps on me, purrs and meows occasionally. We always had cats when I was a kid and never a dog so I've got a soft spot for cats.

Soldato
Cats kill small animals and birds for pleasure therefore cat lovers are generally confused unhinged people who hate animals.

Soldato
OP
Dog. Preferably a proper sized dog. Even more preferably, one that eats cats.

That made me chuckle. When I was a kid my parents got a Yorkshire Terrier called Mindy. She was awesome. She would jump up on the sofa next to me and just crash after eating. I would tease her by pulling on her nipples. She must have had about 10 of them. She'd respond by licking my face, I guess it was her way of saying please don't do that.

Back
Top Bottom