Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Booked my 911 in for its first MOT under my ownership next week, call me sceptical but I'm fearing its not going to be plain sailing, despite nothing being wrong with it that I know of and it passing last time with no advisories when I bought it (apparently) I just have a feeling that the main dealer may pick up on odds and sods :) fortunately i have 4 weeks till it expires so 3 weeks after the test so if they try and take my eyes out I can still take it elsewhere, what annoys me is they are going to charge me 18p a mile for a courtesy car :(

Caporegime
Booked my 911 in for its first MOT under my ownership next week, call me sceptical but I'm fearing its not going to be plain sailing, despite nothing being wrong with it that I know of and it passing last time with no advisories when I bought it (apparently) I just have a feeling that the main dealer may pick up on odds and sods :) fortunately i have 4 weeks till it expires so 3 weeks after the test so if they try and take my eyes out I can still take it elsewhere, what annoys me is they are going to charge me 18p a mile for a courtesy car :(

Just wait til you see the cost for exhaust bolts!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
what annoys me is they are going to charge me 18p a mile for a courtesy car :(

Is this a OPC?

As I have never been charged for a courtesy car or been put on a mileage clause but I believe there is normally a £15 a day charge which they will normally waver.

Soldato
Just wait til you see the cost for exhaust bolts!
£500
ish isn't it?

Is this a OPC?

As I have never been charged for a courtesy car or been put on a mileage clause but I believe there is normally a £15 a day charge which they will normally waver.

Yeah OPC, they've quoted £10 plus 16p or whatnot a mile, I'm sure if it needs anything doing I'll be able to wangle it :D

Associate
you chaps financing these 911's? what kinds of deals can be done?

ive been wanting to scratch the porsche ownership itch for a while and am still procrastinating. i could buy a 981S outright (30-40k) but ive got the feeling it wont be what i want.... a 991, probably a cab.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
you chaps financing these 911's? what kinds of deals can be done?

You'll need to speak the OPC to see what they can offer, generally you'll be hard pushed to get any deals from OPC as they just don't really discount.

My incoming GTS is just on standard HP.

Permabanned
I'd rather a PDK car and I am not sure the extra money on the Hi-Fi is worth it, the main thing for me is getting a allocation in a PTS color. I'm looking forward to my PEC Silverstone day though, as it going to be my first time driving the GTS.

The Burmeister is awesome... well worth the extra & I'm sure it will help re-sale... too many on the market without it

RSR

RSR

Soldato
The Burmeister is awesome... well worth the extra & I'm sure it will help re-sale... too many on the market without it

It's better than the Bose but its not that much better, it also wouldn't make me pick one car over as id rather it had all the handling extra's over the stereo.

Permabanned
It's better than the Bose but its not that much better, it also wouldn't make me pick one car over as id rather it had all the handling extra's over the stereo.

Yeah... that's one of the annoying things about the second hand car market... finding the ideal that has both sets of options ticked is annoying ;)

But I'd disagree about the improvement... the Burmeister is a heck of a lot better than the Bose.

The Bose is only marginally better than "Sound Package Plus".

If it was a weekend car... I wouldn't mind so much... but as it's my want for a daily...

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Yeah... that's one of the annoying things about the second hand car market... finding the ideal that has both sets of options ticked is annoying ;)

If you're being that picky about a secondhand car, you should be looking at ordering one new and you can have the spec you want.

Permabanned
If you're being that picky about a secondhand car, you should be looking at ordering one new and you can have the spec you want.

I'd love to... please feel free to find me a GT3 or GT3RS build slot ;) (even though neither of those have the Burmeister option)

Got to drive 991.1 Turbo S back to back with McLaren 570S on Friday and the McLaren is the more enjoyable car.

The money that 991.2 GT3s are going for on the second hand market is practically 720S money and at that price... the 720S far outclasses the 911.

It's annoying... if I could get a new build order for a GT3 or GT3RS I'd have it in a heartbeat... when spending that much on a car, I want to spec it for me... I couldn't care less about flipping it... I want to drive the damn thing.

At least I had a nice chat with a friendly Porka dealer... he said that if I can offer proof that I'm happy to drive the car and put plenty of miles on it before selling, then it would be easy for him to find an allocation... so looks like I'll grab a McLaren this time around and it'll demonstrate proof for the next iteration of Porsche GT cars... can only hope... otherwise the right spec will appear on the market.

£200k for a 991.2 GT3 (non-RS) is insanity.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
You will need to play the game if you want one of the new "halo" products or you'll have to pay the current market rates for the car.

Back
Top Bottom