Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass Flow Edition

Soldato
Cheers mate. Still needs tidying up though!

It’s a bit bigger than the 570X, if I run an intel extreme test to get it hot, it won’t go above 70C. But that’s what it did in the corsair. If I put my hand above the case, you can feel the heat being dumped out.

It’s worth mentioning here that I also have a mk1 ATX Evolv too, so I was well aware of the issues. It’s why it’s now in the garage with a Caselabs case and 2 Corsair cases!

I have high hopes for this case, hopefully a keeper.

Soldato
I7 7700k, 1080Ti, 960 Evos, 3 other SSDs and 1 HDD. 3600mhz Corsair RAM. NZXT Kraken x58. That’s about it!

Idle is now about 30C with ‘quiet’ fan mode. When gaming with Forza Horizon 3 at 1440P @ 144mhz it sits at around 55-60C after an hours use. Ambient temp is about 20C

Seems to be cooling better than the 570X and that had two more fans in it. 7 vs 5.

Associate
What are your favourite alternatives?
I look from the WC perspective, it might be different for people who want AC or AIO.

For me currently the only option would be Fractal R6 or incoming Lian Li PC-O11 air/dynamic (just waiting for release and some tests). Design/look wise I like the most NZXT 440 but unfortunately this cable cover metal frame inside is silly and I think really narrows possibilities to play with WC. I like clean looks, so for me all coolermaster cases are out of the choice (some ppl might like transformer style though).

Evolv is still great looking case but should've really be revised with slightly bigger size (for easy 2x360 rads, eatx), bigger air vents (this version solves this problem I quess, dunno), usb type C, proper PWM fan controller - not a fake one that actually controls using voltage (or none at all to reduce the price).

Associate
OP
Thanks for posting your updates Honeybadger. Are you able to do a direct temps comparison, like-for-like (give or take a couple of C), with the standard Evolv?

Soldato
Thanks for posting your updates Honeybadger. Are you able to do a direct temps comparison, like-for-like (give or take a couple of C), with the standard Evolv?

Sadly not, I’m too busy unfortunately and a guy at work is having the mk1 off me in the next couple of weeks.

I’ve now angered Mrs HB as I now want to buy a Deepcool Quadstellar when they get released to buy! That said, I will build a new system in it and keep the Evolv TG AF for my main system. Both will be keepers.

Associate
If Phanteks aren't offering a mod service or sell the panels separate, I'm thinking of getting them cut by a waterjet company.
I believe this edition of the case is exclusive to OcUK/Case King rather than being offered by Phanteks themselves.

Is there any hope of OcUK selling just the front and top panels for existing Evolv owners?

Associate
OK, this morning I've moved my PC into this new case, I need to do some better cable management, and tidy up a lot, but so far so good. Temps are the same from my Coirsair 570X at the moment, just under 40C when applying Windows updates.

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

As the week(s) go by, I'll keep a log here of the temps, I'll put it through it's paces later by firing up some games!
Nice!!!

I'm hoping they make this for the mATX version! I want this for my mATX so bad! I'm trying to get in contact with anyone in the Modifying business, I've even tried my local waterjet, laser cut location with no luck, because my plates are anodized in Black....More pic's please.

Back
Top Bottom