What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Struggle to find the motivation to game these days, I have loads of games bought and never installed. I always find myself coming back to WOT, mainly I think because I don't need to grind or learn anything.

It's the thought of starting a new game that puts me off, all the controls and things to learn and remember, I just don't seem to have the enthusiasm for it any more. I've installed a few and got as far as about 10 minutes before turning them off. I used to enjoy it when I could game every day and get into a rhythm, but these days it's usually weekends only so I lose interest between sessions and forget where I am and what I'm supposed to be doing.

Soldato
Think I've gone more into online gaming over last 5 years to be honest, I find AI mostly very disappointing in most games. Only singleplayer games I like are the ones with a great story, like Alan Wake and SOMA which I finished over last 2 weeks.

Caporegime
Mass Effect. A little story. I own this game on Steam but had to contact EA so I could add it to Origin and get the DLC included. After speaking to their online chat, the advisor not only added Mass Effect 1 to my account but 2 and 3 as well! What a bargain. I hope he doesn't realise he made a boob.

Caporegime
The Mass Effect DLC is a total ripoff...I don't think that I've ever seen it go on sale either!

They recently bundled it all up in one pack for £22 each (ME 2 and 3) so you don't have to use Bioware points anymore. Although the price is offputting, I think it is worth it for what you get compared to today's stuff even. One single piece of DLC for PS4 game Horizon cost £16. I think the prices should be reduced due to their age but Steam still charges almost a tenner for some ancient stuff like the early Star Wars games. Fingers crossed there will be an Origin sale at some point.

Soldato
30 hours in Darkest Dungeon now. Bought the dlc which I've just started and seems pretty good.... And I've still not even attempted the Darkest Dungeon yet!

Also downloaded a few custom maps too.

Still loving it!

Soldato
30 hours in Darkest Dungeon now. Bought the dlc which I've just started and seems pretty good.... And I've still not even attempted the Darkest Dungeon yet!

Also downloaded a few custom maps too.

Still loving it!

Bah... I will have to pick this up now after reading your recommendations! ;)

Soldato
Still Tekken 7 and rebought Nier Automata on Steam (had it on PS4). Not a perfect port (thank god for FAR) but the game is unlike anything else. Will aim for 100%.

Soldato
Bah... I will have to pick this up now after reading your recommendations! ;)

It's hard core!... Possibly the hardest game I've played. It can be frustrating, but incredibly rewarding.

I really recommend it. It is deceptively deep, with tactical combat you have to think about a lot. What I enjoy most though is the presentation of the whole game, which all adds to the oppressive atmosphere. There is no real story so to speak, but never no direction.
It features some of the most tense moments in a game I've experienced... And I must reiterate, I am still only doing the two easiest types of quest atm as I don't feel I'm ready for the harder ones! (I've only done apprentice and veteran quests, not touched any champion or darkest yet)

^I'll be picking up Nier Automata in a few days as I've heard nothing but good things about it, though I have no idea what it is like! I think I'll just jump straight in without a, clue.

Soldato
^I'll be picking up Nier Automata in a few days as I've heard nothing but good things about it, though I have no idea what it is like! I think I'll just jump straight in without a, clue.

I'd look up just the general idea, how it looks etc. (the graphics are fairly basic, might be off-putting for some). The game is 50% off till May 6 so a good time to jump in, I think. It's weird, though, and might not be for everyone.

I like how it doesn't pretend it's more than a game but at the same time it manages to be more just by the virtue of how it presents itself to the player. It's a fun, quite deep and quite sad experience than can hit harder conceptually and emotionally than the likes of Horizon or Witcher, even though the budget isn't there and it's smaller and not as pretty. It's weird and not perfect but I can see why some critics called it the most important game this generation (also has the best OST this gen).

I really like a lot of games but I usually don't write about them this much bacause many of them, despite being great, feel quite "standard". This doesn't.

Soldato
Nier Automata is a must buy. One of the only games I have completed more than once and I still play it.

Did you get
all the main and joke endings?:D I want to get all 26 this time round including the one that requires all weapons upgraded to lv.4 and the DLC one, this will take some time:p

Soldato
Playing Wolfenstein II the new colossus, enjoyed it mostly, wondering if it's worth buying the DLC ?
Whilst I didn't try the DLC myself, once I had completed the main campaign there were still lots of side quests to do however after trying one or two I quickly lost interest in the absence of the cool story to follow. I can't remember exactly what the DLCs offer now but I remember not feeling compelled to pick them up...

Associate
Recently completed Watch Dogs 2, getting through Assassins Creed Origins, and starting to get into Nier Automata.

Can't have too many games on the go at once! Need to complete ACO before I dedicate myself to Nier.

Back
Top Bottom