Just Cause 4

Caporegime
yes should be a big hit.lots of big titles from avalanche . rage 2 , just cause 4 , generation zero. the apex engine is very pretty i spend many hrs just taking screenshots :D

Associate
Development footage, subject to change*

*generally for the worse, but we'll call it optimization. The view distance may remain high, but the LOD will be butchered and look nothing like the trailer. No, no, consoles are just as powerful as PCs these days, so it's fine for them to be the baseline. They run 4K for goodness sake! Look, the developers of the Witcher 3 performed exactly the same type of misleading downgrade, and they got clean away with it. Nobody remembers the high resolution meshes or particle system shown at E3! Not a sign of a promised native Linux version or full Redkit modding tools either and the fans have swallowed it hook, line and sinker. Don't get us started about Watchdogs or The Division. Everybody looks to the sequels (the trailers of which are also pre-rendered nonsense) and all previous transgressions are soon forgotten, and we very much hope that will be the case with Just Cause 4, too.

Last edited:
Associate
Always enjoy going back into Just Cause 3 to have a bit of mindless fun, it's one of my favourite sandbox games for just spending a couple of hours in.

NerdCubed gave a fairly good demo of some of the new stuff in Just Cause 4 on his channel, the in-game visuals look really nice.
Love the new options on the grappling hooks.

Looking forward to this next one.

Man of Honour
I absolutely love these games. Have been hooked since JC2. Whenever I want some mindless fun I just pop back in. Looks like this one is stepping back slightly away from the more futuristic JC3? Day 1 purchase for me.

Soldato
First time I tried JC3 I hated it after playing JC2 to death. I left it for about six months revisited it and although its not as good as JC2 I enjoyed it second time round. Only mod I use is unlimited grapple hook length and increase grapple hook strength. Hopefully JC4 will also feature mods.

Back
Top Bottom