The Sound BlasterX AE-5 Owners' Club

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Great deal on the AE-5 at the moment, you can get 35% off sitewide with code SUMMERSW35. Just ordered and totalled to around £103 with a free sound blaster inferno. Went for the Pure edition as the RGB was too tempting, only £83 if you go for the black edition.

You get 1 RGB strip with the normal (black) edition. IIRC 4 come with the Pure edition.

Associate
You get 1 RGB strip with the normal (black) edition. IIRC 4 come with the Pure edition.
Yeah, took into account that if I were to buy led strips seperate with controller would have costed more than £20 so I went for the Pure plus it fits in with my white interior :)

Associate
so this should be with me today and I'm wondering ( as I've never had a soundcard before ) which PCIE slot this should go into, or does it not matter, motherboard is the Crosshair vi x370.

V F

V F

Soldato
I kept mine in the last slot which is at the top of the case away from everything. Since my case is inverted.

Man of Honour
I try to keep soundcards away from things like NICs (including the circuitry for the onboard) due to them potentially being a source of interference and graphic cards for heat purposes - my current setup I've got it in the middle of the row of PCI-e slots but that is out of necessity due to the requirements of other devices I've got plugged in.

Man of Honour
With direct mode some applications will take exclusive use of the soundcard as well so if you are trying to game it might knock out voice comms, etc. unless you use one of the non-direct modes.

yip I had it on direct, seems for the profiles I had to choose 7.1 headphones, any tips on some good settings for music and games or are the profiles good enough

For music I tend to use Neutral as I like to hear the original sound - for movies and TV shows I tend to use the Cinema setting - for gaming depends a bit on the game I actually game quite a lot without any processing - sometimes use a variant of the Gaming profile with some of the settings slightly dialled back.

Associate
I like to have surround off when using my akg702 and 990s, also like to have bass around 35, use this for pretty much all situations. If you set the audio quality to it's highest 38k something, not by my PC so not sure the value, it may not work in all programs like Spotify, so you may need to set it to the second highest

Man of Honour
Yeah I have to set it to the second highest setting 24bit/192KHz IIRC as some programs go all robotic sounding with the highest. If you are using processing settings I don't think you can go over 96KHz anyhow.

Associate
Yeah I have to set it to the second highest setting 24bit/192KHz IIRC as some programs go all robotic sounding with the highest. If you are using processing settings I don't think you can go over 96KHz anyhow.
how do I go about changing these settings, I dont see it anywhere within the software

Back
Top Bottom