Becoming Alf Garnett

Soldato
So lately I had a new "family" move in alongside me - neighbours but not attached.

I did the right thing when I saw them struggling to dismantle a fence and brought out power tools, gave them a hand etc. They then moved a car in to their garden... bit weird but OK! A few noises and I thought maybe stripping cars was their hustle to make a few quid.

Tonight I get a phone call from my neighbours saying a group of men are rocking and physically trying to move my car out of the way so they can get their dodgy car back out on to the road despite no dropped kerb!

I am miles away but thankfully I have a local keyholder who managed to move my car before they wrecked it. I spoke to these new neighbours, or at least tried to at the weekend given they speak little to no English. They are Bulgarians but only a young kid made sense at the time the other night.

I am absolutely fuming right now and I suspect it's an HMO. I was going to let it slide but I've now reported it given their absolutely unacceptable behaviour.

I'm just bewildered right now as to how people think this kind of behaviour is acceptable. I'm moving out of the area anyway soon but I think this is just going to accelerate my plans.

WTF is going through these peoples' minds???? I'm proper raging in all honesty and shouting all sorts of obscenities and if it wasn't for my job I'd be lobbing molotovs over the fence.

I'm as tolerant as they come but when people take liberties like this, it's just not ******* on. They are most definitely not enriching my local culture.

Last edited:
Soldato
I live in a place where it's mostly pasty white native folks, frankly I've seen worse from them.

Best neighbours I've ever had have been a group of Polish lads, right now I live next to a good old British family who have never worked but seem to have endless money for cigarettes but are somehow too busy to take their bins out so it piles up in the garden until the council do it for them

Soldato
OP
I live in a place where it's mostly pasty white native folks, frankly I've seen worse from them.

Best neighbours I've ever had have been a group of Polish lads, right now I live next to a good old British family who have never worked but seem to have endless money for cigarettes but are somehow too busy to take their bins out so it piles up in the garden until the council do it for them

Yeah, well I've spent my whole life living around Sikhs, Hindus, Latvians and various others who would never even dream about being this disrespectful to their neighbours. it just seems to be a recent influx of absolute dickheads who don't give a toss. It's driving me nuts and it's dragging the whole neighbourhood down.

I'm a council estate kid but even taking that into account, council peeps tend to think it's fine to try to do oil changes on the road outside someone's house but actually abusing someone else's property is new to me. I've lived here for 20 years and I'm absolutely gobsmacked for the first time that people can be this disrespectful.

Soldato
If they're anything like my Romanian neighbours then they speak perfect English, just not when you confront them about their ****** behaviour. A few months back they had a BBQ going in their yard and afterwards one of their guests thought it a good idea to just tip all the hot embers over the wall into my yard rather than waiting and disposing of them. I went out and gave them holy ******* hell, and surprise surprise they all played the "me no speakee the English' card, despite the fact that I've sat there and actually heard them speaking English for most of the day.

Soldato
OP
If they're anything like my Romanian neighbours then they speak perfect English, just not when you confront them about their ****** behaviour.
I'd take my Romanian mates as neighbours any day over this bunch of knobbers tbh. But then they are city professionals. :)

Soldato
I'd take my Romanian mates as neighbours any day over this bunch of knobbers tbh. But then they are city professionals. :)

Family before these moved in were Kurdish, they were great. Never had a problem with them at all, and not only did they actually try to speak English (which I was more than happy to help them with) but they used to keep me fed with all manner of weird and wonderful foods.

Soldato
OP
Family before these moved in were Kurdish, they were great. Never had a problem with them at all, and not only did they actually try to speak English (which I was more than happy to help them with) but they used to keep me fed with all manner of weird and wonderful foods.

This is pretty much unprecedented. The Chavs just make noise, bash wing mirrors even drunk or at worst key your car - they don't actually gang up and try to move it. I **** you not, my neighbour said there were 5 guys trying to move my car.

I can come up with tonnes of scenarios where my non-native neighbours are great, I'm just saying that this is an exception that has really got my back up. I am absolutely incandescent.

I've reported their residence as an unauthorised HMO anyways given the initiatives. It's a *****y move but the only way I feel I can retaliate. They had their chance to be civilised.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You’re in Erith aren’t you?

We had Bulgarians move onto our street. Funnily enough, they mess about with cars too. Parked one across our drive once, blocking it off the inconsiderate *****. Brother went down there, got him to move it and there hasn’t been a problem since. But again, why would you park a car across a neighbours drive when you know they use it every day? It’s just total “we’ll do what we like” arrogant ignorance.

Soldato
OP
One of the surrounding towns but yeah in the last year it seems there's a mandatory requirement of being an inconsiderate git to move in. Mattresses and crap dumped on the pavement by new residents is always nice.

Ah well think I'll put the house on the market next week. I'm moving further out. Down with this sort of thing etc etc.. Just needed to rant. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
You’re in Erith aren’t you?

We had Bulgarians move onto our street. Funnily enough, they mess about with cars too. Parked one across our drive once, blocking it off the inconsiderate *****. Brother went down there, got him to move it and there hasn’t been a problem since. But again, why would you park a car across a neighbours drive when you know they use it every day? It’s just total “we’ll do what we like” arrogant ignorance.
maybe they expected you to get 5 guys and bump move it out of the way :D

Soldato
Brexit will sort this nonsense out. As a sidenote my very English neighbours are the dirtiest ***** I've ever seen. They don't even try to put their rubbish in the bins outside, and if something does miss the bin, it just sits there until it rots away.
In my experience one family can ruin a whole area.

Associate
Race, religion, skin colour is irrelevant, selfish ignorant ***** are selfish ignorant ***** in my experience... I don't judge people on anything other than their behaviour toward me and others.

Back
Top Bottom