• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
After two years Nvidia finally beat AMD's other cards. Well played Nvidia better late than never xD

RTX 2080 Ti >
RTX 2080 > VEGA 64 > GTX 1080
GTX 2070 > VEGA 56 > GTX 1070
GTX 2060 > RX 580 > GTX 1060
GTX 2050 > RX 570 > GTX 1050 Ti

This is crazy.

Most of that time the vega 64 has been £200 more than the 1080 and using a load more power and noise.

bru

bru

Soldato
The market is offering a free open standard that improves PC's. Seems silly for anyone not to use it especially since the consoles are such strong competition.

I know, I know, I will get moaned at for this but.

HDMI isn't free, it requires an adopters fee and royalties of $0.15 per unit sold, if the manufacturer uses the HDMI logo, this fee drops to $0.05 per unit sold.

Soldato
This is crazy.

Most of that time the vega 64 has been £200 more than the 1080 and using a load more power and noise.

The reference (and the Strix) are overheating and power eaters. Also the prices were high because it was the best consumer card for mining.
Nitro and Red Devil are completely different Vega 64s than what you have in mind.

Associate
GSync is the devil!

Agreed. gsync is the devil but if you want adaptive sync and have NVidia it's your only option :(

I'm new to adaptive sync in general but am really enjoying high refresh tear free gaming with my spangly Dell UW and an aging 980Ti and looking forward to even more with a new card - whatever that maybe.

Next major upgrade for me after this will be in a couple of years at which point I'll refresh CPU, GFX and potentially monitor - hoping things will have improved somewhat across the board by then.

Soldato
Agreed. gsync is the devil but if you want adaptive sync and have NVidia it's your only option :(

I'm new to adaptive sync in general but am really enjoying high refresh tear free gaming with my spangly Dell UW and an aging 980Ti and looking forward to even more with a new card - whatever that maybe.

Next major upgrade for me after this will be in a couple of years at which point I'll refresh CPU, GFX and potentially monitor - hoping things will have improved somewhat across the board by then.

I was joking pal, sorry. It was more of a dig at panos lol.
I have an Asus PG279Q and I love it. Yes, Gsync is costly but the its the only option if you want the fastest GPU and a tear free gaming experience.

Soldato
The reference (and the Strix) are overheating and power eaters. Also the prices were high because it was the best consumer card for mining.
Nitro and Red Devil are completely different Vega 64s than what you have in mind.

Yeah vega 64 now has competitive price and good models.

Soldato
Can you explain to me why you have to reduce your frame rate to below your refresh rate with gsync?

And more to the point doesn't Gsync make high end cards redundant if all you have to do is maintain the refresh rate? There are many out there that still have 1080p monitor at 60Hz, 100hz and 120Hz monitors.
A /1070 TI/1060 will more then likely satisfy one's need for smooth game play. Which again is the point of having such a monitor. It mitigates the need for a faster video card.

Associate
I was wondering what is the best AIB company to get a card with when the 2080ti drops? I have atm Titan x 2016 so I don't really know. I'm not really sure about some of them dumping all the heat inside my case.I have an phanteks luxe case btw.

Soldato
Can you explain to me why you have to reduce your frame rate to below your refresh rate with gsync?

And more to the point doesn't Gsync make high end cards redundant if all you have to do is maintain the refresh rate? There are many out there that still have 1080p monitor at 60Hz, 100hz and 120Hz monitors.
A /1070 TI/1060 will more then likely satisfy one's need for smooth game play. Which again is the point of having such a monitor. It mitigates the need for a faster video card.

You can still get tearing at high refresh rates but yes, it certainly works better towards the lower end of its working range.

Back
Top Bottom