• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
At least AMD did a descent job and you can run the Vega with all it's belts and whistles. If yuo try to run the Turing cards with all their belts and whistles, you will get 24fps at 1080p :p
It is a fair.point. AMD took flak for it. I hope NV get it too. Just put offer in on 2nd hand 1080ti . That way NV do not directly get any money from me :)

Associate
good video wish people would not pre-order but I am afraid that there is a lot of "Must have the latest and greatest" thinking going around. Pretty sure you could get people to pre-order anything.

Caporegime
Pre ordering with no actual performance comparison is insanity? And at these prices. Honestly Nvidia are so lucky to have such a devout following that will literally buy anything they make.

The irony is we can never expect competition because of this. Prices will only get worse, odd situation for sure.

I agree, it's not exclusive to Nvidia though.

And as said before, you've been guilty of what you preach.

Associate
I see lots of people going crazy about the Tomb Raider fps despite the fact it has been made clear by several of the people who were there that this was an early RTX build of Tomb Raider with very early drivers and is no where near optimised yet. We have also seen commentary from Dice that the performance is much higher than people are expecting. Seems there are a lot of butt hurt people ****** off about the price so just contaminating the thread with baseless negativity... so pretty much the same as every other release day then....

Personally, I am looking forward to the arrival of my 2x RTX 2080 Ti :)

Associate
My expectations at best I think you will see -

2080 same as and in some titles up to max 10% >1080ti
2080ti same as and in some titles up to max 10% > Titan Xp

Worth the price jump? Hell no. Worth the pre-order price stupidity - definitely hell no!

For the price of a 2080ti you could buy someone a whole mid range gaming PC.

It really is off the scale of value for money and in to luxury territory.

Soldato
My expectations at best I think you will see -

2080 same as and in some titles up to max 10% >1080ti
2080ti same as and in some titles up to max 10% > Titan Xp

Worth the price jump? Hell no. Worth the pre-order price stupidity - definitely hell no!

For the price of a 2080ti you could buy someone a whole mid range gaming PC.

It really is off the scale of value for money and in to luxury territory.

Wait for 7nm unless you're on Maxwell or prior I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom