• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Owners Thread

Soldato
at the time when they were on pre order i thought it was the best option, i got back late to see the reviews, but when i did i was not pleased, contacted nvidia to cancel but the order went through and they have arrived.
At the moment i'm trying to get them returned but nvidia arnt being greatly helpful, they are trying but its taking time

Associate
Yay I'm in :D Let me know if you need something with the username next to it :p Definitely mines however!

C4_A60_BED_9_A7_C_456_A_9266_11359_BA6_A5_D9.jpg

56_C78371_4_FA7_44_F5_AEDB_B3_D75_EA28_DB3.jpg

First run with my RTX 2080 clocks at default, happy with the boost.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/28700313?

Score: 10300
CPU: 8443
GPU: 10716

2700x @ Auto/Max 4.342ghz
Nvidia RTX 2080 FE 1,920 MHz Core 7,000 MHz Memory
Very well taken pictures and a beautiful setup. Congrats.:cool:

And congratulations to you guys who bought them and pictured them here. They all look real nice. :D

Soldato
helo peeps, i posted yesterday that i had 2 2080's en route from nvidia, i've been to the post office and have taken delivery, i just need some advice on weather i should use two cards, i have the money for the ti versions aircooled but my plan was/is to watercool both 2080's i have.
what do you guys think i should do?

If you can afford the Ti’s air cooled then I would go for that over the 2080’s. The cooler really is fantastic this time around so shouldn’t be too bad initially without water cooling.

Caporegime
helo peeps, i posted yesterday that i had 2 2080's en route from nvidia, i've been to the post office and have taken delivery, i just need some advice on weather i should use two cards, i have the money for the ti versions aircooled but my plan was/is to watercool both 2080's i have.
what do you guys think i should do?

SLi is so bad now you may as well just use the 2nd as a paperweight.

Soldato
just a quick update nvidia have been in contact and it looks like i'm able to return them, for a refund, anyone have a eta on pre orders for the fe ti version on nvidia's site?
i'd prefer the founders card because waterblock compatibility will be a lot better, hell ek have them ready for pre order, on that note the asus blower ti card would this have the refrence pcb if so i'd opt for one of those

Man of Honour
OP
2qx174w.jpg

Thats me boys and girls

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

qswc36n.jpg

Date 21/09/2018, Make Asus Dual, MasterOC, Link
Date 21/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, sillyeagle, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, jjgreenwood, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Simon Belmont, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, jrodga2k5, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 2080.

Don
I know it's only been out two days, but this ROH is definitely slower than any other Nvidia release i've known.

Maybe, but I am guessing here that due to the release day quite a few people like myself have one(in theory) but need to actually physically pick it up from somewhere due to incompatent delivery drivers ;)

Associate
Just installed my 2080FE and did a quick Firestrike run and my core boosts to 2025. Going to do a bit more testing to see if it was a one off..

Mines boosting to 1920 standard , however according to riva statistics its power limited and voltage limited at the same speeds even with the power slider maxed ... So gonna investigate abit more . any idea he we do this of scanner stuff anyone

Associate
There are so many cards available, it feels so weird coming from the previous launches...

I'm buying in a week (payday), so I should just be happy about it - who knows maybe they'll start adding free games if sales don't pick up.

I'm tempted by the Msi Trio, but to be fair the FE would be just as good and it looks so classy...

Don
Mines boosting to 1920 standard , however according to riva statistics its power limited and voltage limited at the same speeds even with the power slider maxed ... So gonna investigate abit more . any idea he we do this of scanner stuff anyone

Mine dropped to 1965 I think when I ran the Timespy Benchmark. Not looked at the overclocking scan thing yet.

Back
Top Bottom