How good or Bad does Sky HD look on a 65" OLED

Soldato
Does anyone here own a 4k 65" OLED and have Sky HD ?
As I wondering how good or bad Sky HD looks on a 4k 65" OLED from about 9 feet away..
Thinking I may better going for a 55" instead of the 65"

Am using the older sky hd 1tb box and not the new sky Q box

Last edited:
Soldato
It would be intereseting to know if there is any difference between sony/lg/pan oled hd->4k upscaling hardware ie. which 65"

sky has the same bitrates and codecs as freeview/freesat(bbc etc) check out the digitalbitrate site, so nothing differentiating about their HD capabilities;
they have not dummed HD down to try and up-sell their 15Mb/s 4k/sdr content.

Caporegime
I have a 65B6 and Sky Q.

Also have the package that gives you 40 HD channels.

I don't really watch standard definition on it to be honest, but the HD channels look good to me.

Soldato
and tbh i personally think its a waste to have the old sky hd over the sky q silver especially when you can get some good deals to switch over.
just my 2£

but they haven't got that much 4k material other than the films 'they' show & f1/foot
parents switched over, and even though you maybe you can escape the dam £200 install now, they are paying >£50 versus <£30 before.
they can now rationalize this, since they have more space to store stuff, but they could have used catch up before.

Soldato
OP
Doesn't most tvs now upscale now?
and tbh i personally think its a waste to have the old sky hd over the sky q silver especially when you can get some good deals to switch over.
just my 2£
It would cost me over £10 per month more when I priced up to change to sky Q (and if I remember right there was also a install charge to pay)

Soldato
Does anyone here own a 4k 65" OLED and have Sky HD ?
As I wondering how good or bad Sky HD looks on a 4k 65" OLED from about 9 feet away..
Thinking I may better going for a 55" instead of the 65"

Am using the older sky hd 1tb box and not the new sky Q box

I've got a 65" oled and sky. Similar viewing distance too. No issues at all with HD and I wouldn't want to go smaller. SD obviously looks crappy.

Soldato
sky has netflix from november
so will it be hdr ?... apparently no but

On Amazon and Netflix, most UHD content is their own content. Most movies are not in UHD let alone HDR. Sky is showing more movies in UHD then both Amazon and Netflix. Once HDR is available on Sky, it will be even better with more movies with UHD and HDR.
think i had heard that before .

Soldato
Netflix does stream content in HDR, i've watched it when i subscribed. At the time there wasn't much and i doubt there is much more now.
What Netflix did have though was quite a lot of UHD content. If (via Sky Q) that becomes available for £10 including Sky boxsets, then frankly that is a bargain. UHD from Netflix costs £9.99 a month anyway.....................if you already have Sky Boxsets, it's a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom