LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
Took a few shots of The Witcher 3 and a scene from the movie Gravity

WUXc.jpg

XUXc.jpg

YUXc.jpg

Is it just the perspective of the shot or is that bottom left corner always that light? Don’t know if I’m being too picky but it really stands out in those pictures. But it may not look that way in real life and might just be the camera catching off angle IPs glow?

I am getting my 950G next Wednesday so I will put up my impressions.

Associate
Is it just the perspective of the shot or is that bottom left corner always that light? Don’t know if I’m being too picky but it really stands out in those pictures. But it may not look that way in real life and might just be the camera catching off angle IPs glow?

I am getting my 950G next Wednesday so I will put up my impressions.

Doesn't look exactly that way in real life, but there is always some glow in the left side when looking straight on at the center. Depending on angle it can be less visible. In practice I don't really notice it unless I'm looking directly at the corners. My 38UC99 was kinda similar... albeit with less glow there, but more on the right side. Also those photos were taken with no light coming in the room, I usually don't game on it like that to be honest. I usually turn on a low light while gaming in the dark so it's easier on my eyes.

I have decided to sell off my 38UC99 btw. I thought I'd miss the 38" size more but it ended up not being a big deal to me. I ended up placing the 34" a bit closer on my desk and it feels just as immersive really. I may get a secondary 27" later on for productivity purposes though.

Associate
@Daniel - LG

Thanks, any idea when we we'll see them in Norway? :)

Inet is taking them in in December for 14.000SEK.

Too expensive and too late in my opinion. Hopefully Komplett takes them in sooner. But when I talked to them like 2 weeks ago they had no idea if or when they would take them in.

Send a message to the big retailers and ask.

Selling them for this price after Black Friday is a huge mistake in my opinion. People will just buy the DW or the X34P if they go on a good sale.

Associate
Selling them for this price after Black Friday is a huge mistake in my opinion. People will just buy the DW or the X34P if they go on a good sale.

Exactly, and yes I will be getting a nice cheap Alienware in a few weeks. Given that I can get it for $950 shipped right now, I'm expecting at least somewhere around $800. That's a little more than half the price of the LG. I could get two!

Associate
Exactly, and yes I will be getting a nice cheap Alienware in a few weeks. Given that I can get it for $950 shipped right now, I'm expecting at least somewhere around $800. That's a little more than half the price of the LG. I could get two!

Two ugly birds are not as good as a single hot one !

Associate
Inet is taking them in in December for 14.000SEK.

Too expensive and too late in my opinion. Hopefully Komplett takes them in sooner. But when I talked to them like 2 weeks ago they had no idea if or when they would take them in.

Send a message to the big retailers and ask.

Thanks a lot! And spot on regarding the black friday sale, meaning I might change my mind if a good offer pops up. :)

Associate
Just to provide context, I was advised by Dell that AW monitor is over 1 month wait on delivery. It’s possibke the LG monitor could turn up sooner?

Personally I’m holding off and await the LG monitor G sync version

Associate
Just to provide context, I was advised by Dell that AW monitor is over 1 month wait on delivery. It’s possibke the LG monitor could turn up sooner?

Me too.
I realised that the AW in official Dell Germany website (where it was at 1097€ since a lot of months) now is 1367€ and a release date of 2018.04.07?? Wtf?

Associate
Thanks a lot! And spot on regarding the black friday sale, meaning I might change my mind if a good offer pops up. :)
Also, I think a lot of people in this "price class" is building new systems with the new intel 9000-series and RTX right now. Loosing the momentum by releasing this so late might also be an error. Maybe not.
Me too.
I realised that the AW in official Dell Germany website (where it was at 1097€ since a lot of months) now is 1367€ and a release date of 2018.04.07?? Wtf?
Same in Sweden. Or rather they raised ir from €1100 to €1500. Pretty sure they are doing this to do a 70% or whatever sale on Black Friday.

Odd with the release date though.

There's tons of other retailers selling the DW though.

Last edited:
Associate
I

In Sweden they are stocked in a few places. Going down in production for a new announcement on CES 2019? Idk.

Associate
Also, I think a lot of people in this "price class" is building new systems with the new intel 9000-series and RTX right now. Loosing the momentum by releasing this so late

Same in Sweden. Or rather they raised ir from €1100 to €1500. Pretty sure they are doing this to do a 70% or whatever sale on Black Friday.

Odd with the release date though.

There's tons of other retailers selling the DW though.

The retailers are selling because they already have stock, but... Could Dell be preparing the release of the successor? AW3419DW for example? Or yes.. maybe the black friday offer...

Associate
The retailers are selling because they already have stock, but... Could Dell be preparing the release of tje successor? AW3419DW for example? Or yes.. maybe the black friday offer...
Haha exactly my thought. Read my response one post up. We can hope. Hopefully it won't be too soon so buyers remorse won't be too bad. :)

Back
Top Bottom