1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Stu, Mar 21, 2018.

1. JediFragger

Capodecina

Happy for ya man (I have the F version from Overclockers and it's GREAT!). Enjoy it, it'll last you a good long time :cool:

2. Too Tall

Wise Guy

How much did you pay if you don't mind my asking.

3. infinitiblaze

Associate

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Has anyone experienced the screen flashing + horizontal bands appearing towards the top of the monitor?

Also for some odd reason the top right corner is quite hot (can't even touch it for longer than 10 seconds).

Does anyone have suggestions on how to potentially fix this? RMA isn't really an option since I bought it through Amazon and warranty has expired.

4. infinitiblaze

Associate

5. Blueyoshi03

Associate

I get occasional flashes at the bottom of the screen, maybe once a day at most and lasts a millisecond. I haven't got any banding but when the screens OC'd to 120hz the very top row of pixels on the screen flicker slightly, however unnoticeable if my windows theme is black.

6. The Old School Gamer

Hitman

Yeah nasty, if there is no RMA left might be time to replace it.
    If it's not going in for repair you may as well open it up and re-seat what cables you can, check the PCBs etc (nothing really to lose).

Have 2324 hrs logged on mine to date.

7. infinitiblaze

Associate

Has anyone taken apart the monitor? I haven't seen any disassembly guides / videos yet and I'm not even sure if I should approach the monitor from the front or the back.

Would appreciate it if anyone who has opened up the monitor could share photos / words of advice!

8. The Old School Gamer

Hitman

Order the new monitor first.

9. MCProtis

Associate

I did it, 3 times.
    It's not that hard but I do not recommend doing it because the problem you reported is either in a soldered ribbon or from the panel itself

[​IMG]

In case you really want to do it, you start by taking the VESA screws off the back, then using a prying tool you take the back cover off. I do not have many pictures left, but this is what it looked like with the back cover off.

Pro tip : if you still have the box and packaging material, I suggest laying the monitor flat, on top of the Styrofoam arc that came with it to prevent any screen cracks.