What's the hardest you've ever laughed?

Soldato
  • I remember been 9 or 10 and getting a bollocking by the headmistress for one thing or another. I had my hands clasped behind my back and my fingers got bored. There was something behind me, but i didn't know what and so i started touching it, i soon found out when i hit a button sending the typewriter carriage shooting across and giving the 'DING!' when it finished its journey. I was mortified at first, but then just lost it - snot and tears or laughter.
  • Remember as a young teenager watching Eddie Murphy's Delirious over and over - "Goony Goo Goo". But tried watching it a few years ago and although still very good, there was a lot of what seemed canned laughter after every sentence, punchline or not!

Soldato
When I first saw Bottom series one as a 14-15 year old. There were two episodes which left me in physical pain afterwards, one where they tape a burglar to the ceiling and have to whack him a broom to get him unstuck and the episode with the gas man where they think they've killed him so they both attack him with a frying pan and Richie does his own version of CPR with an electrical lead from an iron and more a frying pan.

Watching both back as a more "adult" person both are still funny but neither have as visceral a reaction as the first time I saw them.

Soldato
...the episode with the gas man where they think they've killed him so they both attack him with a frying pan and Richie does his own version of CPR with an electrical lead from an iron and more a frying pan.

Me too.

Another one:
The Simpsons, Lisa's Pony, where Homer comes in from his night shift at the Kwik E Mart and gets in bed a 7:59 only for the clock to tick over to 8:00 and the alarm go off. He then lets out the most pathetic "D'oh!" ever when hearing that ponies live for 30 years.

The most recent thing I saw that had me close, was Joe Wilkinson on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, when he wrote about naming people's penises.

The worst I've seen anyone laugh, was one of my best mates, laughing at me singing to "Roam" by the B52s on Rock Band about 10 years ago. I honestly thought something was wrong with him he was laughing so hard. It looked and sounded like he was in pain.

Soldato
I remember being sent out of class when I was 9 because I got the giggles. The teacher tried telling me off but I was too far gone. I was told to come back in when I'd stopped but everytime I came in something would set me off again. Alas, I cannot remember what was so funny to share. So instead I'll just post this which for some reason had me crying with laughter when I saw it. I don't know why - some things just set me off.

Soldato
Old Top Gear when Clarkson was interviewing Brian Johnson of AC/DC. Brian made a throwaway remark when describing a bit of lairy driving with the expression "arse like a rabbit's nose". Not sure why but that cracked me up for a good 15 minutes.

Associate
Sir Walter: You'd never dare. Why, 'round the Cape, the rain beats down so hard it makes your head bleed!
Edmund: So, some sort of hat is probably in order.

At the time I was squealing with laughter and lots of the organs in my lower abdomen were jiggling about and hurting quite a lot
Dunno why, but we fed off that joke for months. It must have been the put-down delivery

The other one was getting hauled up in front of the class after Mate1 who's sitting next to me whispers, after noticing that Mate2 his sporting a new and very short haircut
Mate1: "******* **** Mate2's got big ears"
Mate2: (very indignantly) "I heard that!"
Mate1: "I'm not surprised"
In front of the Biology class, me and Mate1 get a telling off, but don't care, because we are just uncontrollable. We can't look at each other for fear of making it worse
This was topped off by the teacher saying, in her very strong Welsh accent "I don't know what's wrong with you two, you must think your the bees' knees, or something!"
We dissolved and sounds came out of both of us like a tortured donkey, we were trying so hard not to laugh
We got sent out and laughed in the corridor for about 15 minutes until the lesson ended, and then we got a proper telling off

Soldato
Doug Stanhope, Bill burr, George carling, Bill hicks.

Very funny people that made me laugh very hard to the point of not being able to breath.

Caporegime
Hard to say, but the most recent was a few years back just before moving house. I was watching some funny prank calls on YT and came across the Al Pacino one, and for some reason, I literally couldn't stop laughing for quite a while. When I went to watch it again at a later date, I still found it amusing but no way near as much. I guess at the time, it was just the stress coming out/first time laughs at that particular video. Absolutely creased me up, so much so it became a mixture of laughter and pain. :D

Soldato
At my brothers wedding I'd had a few drinks, and was enjoying Jager bombs in the evening after the stress of doing a speech. I'm really not a public speakers, I get quiet in a group of 3 people sometimes.

Anyway, I don't know what started it but I got the giggles, my gf was telling me off for being drunk and silly which made me laugh even more. I don't know why but I ended up in full on hysterics, uncontrollable laughter, I could barely see. My cousin came over, apparently I found him even more money.

I still have no idea what happened to me that night but it was fun.

Caporegime
It was the hardest I'd ever laughed at something you'd posted, if that counts Participant? I'd found a comic strip generator and posted it here in GD a number of years ago and you made one which did make me laugh out loud. I realise that this would make more sense with context but I can't find the thread so that's all I've got :(

e: found it! And it still makes me laugh.

qWMmM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom