• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
Decided to upgrade my 1080Ti and grab a 2080Ti FE. Stock has been very tough to come by in the US!

Also purchased a CHG90 49" Samsung the other day, been using it for about a week. Unsure at this time if I'm going to keep it or go back to my Asus PG348Q. Can't decide if I like it or not! I seem to be sensitive to the PWM flickering, and I'm not in love with the VA panel as a whole.

Soldato
Imagine the uproar if you went in a supermarket and the shelves were empty as per normal policy.
People had to preorder food.
If you didnt pre order and brought what was in stock you paid a premium for it.
Then suppliers of the food whilst not been able to fill preorders then decided to release a new SKU.

Thats what nvidia seems to be doing now with the titan RTX.

Associate
I wish inno3d would hurry up shipping their 2080ti iChill black hybrid cards out lol,my Vega just died over the weekend and I had to dig out an old 7950 sapphire vapor X to keep my PC running .I'm back to stone age for now :D

Mobster
Soldato
I picked up my STRIX 2080 Ti for £1,253. £1,500 is way too much for the extra (if any) performance.

I think the performance differences between each 2080 ti is a bit meh, there's slight differences on paper, but nothing anyone will notice. The deciding factor is cooling and noise. The strix without question has the best cooling and noise out of any of the 2080 Ti's so far. While that's a lot of money still, you've done well getting it for £1253

Soldato
Imagine the uproar if you went in a supermarket and the shelves were empty as per normal policy.
People had to preorder food.
If you didnt pre order and brought what was in stock you paid a premium for it.
Then suppliers of the food whilst not been able to fill preorders then decided to release a new SKU.

Thats what nvidia seems to be doing now with the titan RTX.
You are confusing a luxury good item with a necessity.

Associate
So I have to run my 2080 Ti ~200 MHz higher clock to equal my Titan V. Kinda disappointed really. But the frame-times seem smoother to me on the 2080 Ti. Maybe placebo. I do know the Zotac AMP fans on 100% are LOUD. Good thing my EK block arrives soon.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Had a little play around with my Zotac but having no internet meant I had to take a photo instead of a screenshot.

Not too shabby though with a very mild OC.

Now running the CPU at 250Mhz higher too.

Fans weren’t particularly loud on that but I left it on Auto, no manual fan curve.

Associate
What happened the box? Could be a pita to RMA if the need arises.
I think it suffered the fate of me leaving it out while at work and the GF binning it... we live in a small flat with basically no storage! I will be quizzing her tonight to see if it has been hidden anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom