Where to buy parts online ?

Soldato
I am bit out of touch with regards to sourcing car parts online at reasonable prices.

I have focus ST225 front calipers on my Mondeo and I need new disks and pads.
I bought some disks in February of this year off ebay (new) for £89 and they warped fairly soon after.

so where are the best places to look for parts (tried ebay/gsf/euro carparts so far) ?

any recommendations on disks & pads ?

Ideally I want decent grooved disks and some fast road pads, but nothing that needs heat in it to start working properly, EBC green/red stuff have come up quite a bit whilst searching but hey are quite pricey at just over £100 for a set of fronts, having said that I don't know what is considered reasonable for set of pads.

Soldato
Have a search for ECP codes, they tend to do big discounts at certain times.

Oh and I used Yellow Stuff on my MX5, they did me well on road and track.

Soldato
as commented German sites often have good deals - despite typical dhl costs - used Autoteile Supermarkt last time,
often need to search with german words on de ebay.

on again *TODAY* use ebay 10% discount - last time for oil purchase 8L fuchs supersyn 5-40 ~£33 + filter

Soldato
I'm not sure whether it's pad choice or those discs but at 9k miles on those paired with EBC yellows they need replacing

I'm on EBC yellows too, I think they've done around 10k miles now, one track day plus santa pod with over 350bhp behind them, the pads are hald worn and the discs don't even have a lip on them yet. I'm not a heavy/late breaker though.

Man of Honour
I'm on EBC yellows too, I think they've done around 10k miles now, one track day plus santa pod with over 350bhp behind them, the pads are hald worn and the discs don't even have a lip on them yet. I'm not a heavy/late breaker though.

That's also going to be a factor, I've done 4 days at Curborough in that time, it's fairly brutal on brakes and I am heavy on the brakes.

I'd still use them again though, perfectly happy with their performance and they're cheap enough that replacing them every 3 years or so is hardly an issue

Soldato
As I found out recently, a lot of the smaller things (not all) are actually cheaper when you buy them in store from ECP! Done a few click and collects in the past and then seen the price in store cheaper than the prices even including the discounts!

Soldato
I always use ECP, eBay or a small motor factors in the village.
Have a search for ECP codes, they tend to do big discounts at certain times.

Oh and I used Yellow Stuff on my MX5, they did me well on road and track.
ECP is usually cheapest for me, but eBay comes close or better in rare occasions.

For heavy things, ebay can be at a disadvantage due to postage costs.
Any of you guys have a link for this ECP place

As Googling for "ECP" didn't seem to help (Emergency Contraceptive Pill (ECP) Don't think that was it :p...

Back
Top Bottom