• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will you be buying an RTX TITAN ?

Associate
Not after watching Jayz two cents video yesterday. Its the mother of all vanity should a gamer only buy one. But hey, i love that it exists!

Man of Honour
I wouldn't mind playing with one but I'm going to stand firm, it's daftness of the highest order I tell thee.

They are nice cards but not the sort of thing that you would want to do shunt mods and water cooling on.

You can also get the same performance by doing the above with a 2080 Ti.

It is also pointless get a single RTX Titan as you can get far more performance for your money with 2080 Ti SLI.

They are the first cards that I have that can run SOTTR maxed out in SLI @2160p DX12 without crashing.

SOTTR stock
DQ4OzTe.jpg

Associate
ooh
e8Un9Ix.png

shiney
ixyB6Pk.png

Had to dig out 2*6+2s for the power supply, hopefully get it installed on Sunday.

If I get the chance I'll try to capture some neural network (CNN) timings for my existing card (Titan X Pascal) for comparison.

Associate
kIHu4kP.jpg
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/5479726

Definitely bumping up against the power limit a fair bit. Actually got a better run with a less extreme memory clock than the first one (could be similar to error effect on GDDR5X clocking, not sure, or maybe power with the core wanting more). At any rate, a very powerful card but touch and go against a very well cooled 2080ti with a generous Bios. Kaapstad's earlier summary seems dead on (as usual).

Last edited:
Soldato
Simply an utter waste of money, you might as well just burn £50 notes, mk17/Maldoror are you a member of the Bullingdon club?

£2400 of vanity because you're not buying one for the performance.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
ooh
e8Un9Ix.png

shiney
ixyB6Pk.png

Had to dig out 2*6+2s for the power supply, hopefully get it installed on Sunday.

If I get the chance I'll try to capture some neural network (CNN) timings for my existing card (Titan X Pascal) for comparison.
kIHu4kP.jpg
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/5479726

Definitely bumping up against the power limit a fair bit. Actually got a better run with a less extreme memory clock than the first one (could be similar to error effect on GDDR5X clocking, not sure, or maybe power with the core wanting more). At any rate, a very powerful card but touch and go against a very well cooled 2080ti with a generous Bios. Kaapstad's earlier summary seems dead on (as usual).

If you post your pics in the owners thread I will put them on TROH.:)

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-turing-rtx-titan-owners-thread.18839272/

Back
Top Bottom