*** Show us your bikes! ***

Associate
It's a great bike, Kawasaki got pretty much everything right with it. I had one years ago and loved it, when I saw this advertised I thought it would be perfect for me pottering around on track

Associate
This is mine had it for a year now, still loving it.

20180321_122600_zps1hba8okc.jpg.html

Associate
Passed end of July and bought this;

Yamaha FZ6 S2
2yva076.jpg

I’ve added a couple of extras to the list it came with;
Full SP Projects Exhaust System
R&G Crash Bungs
Healtech Quick-shifter
Healtech Gear Indicator
Gold Shorty Levers
HEL Brake lines
Tail Tidy

Also picked up a 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900GT recently but haven’t really been anywhere of interest yet for some pictures

Soldato
@Locky I had a L1 600 a couple of years back, Probably the most comfortable 600 sports bike ive rode, Didn't really see the need for the Mode button on it but I probably didn't ride it hard enough to notice :D

It's redundant on mine, as it's got a power commander, quickshifter and decat with auto tune. it did 117rwhp which is good for a 600.

Man of Honour
Not ridden in 18 months, previous bikes were sport bikes and were stolen.. :(
Now have my own garage, just picked up a KTM 950 Supermoto. Seat is a bit higher than I'm accustomed to, 1 foot down at the lights from now on!
First impressions are that it's gonna be a lot of fun which is all I want from it, will be a weekend toy for the most part.
I need to sort some new mirrors as the current ones are naff, might just run none at all though. Anyone tried that?
Also need to see if I can sort new decals for the tank as the other side is bubbling quite a bit (plastic tank).

cCmVUJE.jpg

Oh and by far the best sounding bike I've had :cool:

Associate
I had the 990SM. Great fun (mine was nicked :( )

As for mirrors, I just ditched them on all my bikes and bought a Reevu lid. Best motorcycle accessory ever invented, and one of the nicest lids I've worn.

Man of Honour
I had the 990SM. Great fun (mine was nicked :( )

As for mirrors, I just ditched them on all my bikes and bought a Reevu lid. Best motorcycle accessory ever invented, and one of the nicest lids I've worn.

Ah that sucks, really hoping I'll be OK now that I have a garage! What do you have now?

Yeah I think as I probably won't be doing that many miles and mostly back roads no mirrors will be the way to go. Really like the idea of the Reevu, I'm assuming it works well? How does it compare to Shoei and the likes in terms of quality and noise?

Associate
I replaced it with an MT-09, to go alongside my S1000RR, which I can barely afford to to insure now. The MT is just about all I could afford after the insurance losses. Great bike also, but very different. Superb motor, low quality suspension. More suitable for squeezing through traffic, but nowhere near as good for touring. I do miss the build quality of the Katoom.

Noise-wise the Reevu is somewhere in between. Every Arai I've had has been noisy. I did have a Shoei, it was very quiet, but unfortunately I have an Arai shaped head. The inside is very nice.

Mirror works fantastically well once you get used to angling your head. I think it's much safer than mirrors as you can angle your head slightly to the side and flick your eyes up for an instant lifesaver. Very useful in traffic when you need a lifesaver but don't want to turn your head away. I do still find myself using lifesavers in less risky situations though- no bad thing, and pretty hard to drill out :)

No mirrors makes filtering much more fun!

Back
Top Bottom