My new gaming chair is a pain in the ass (literally)...

Associate
I bought a Vertager SL5000 about a month ago, I'm not a fan on the styling of a gaming chair at all BUT it promised to support me properly especially for long periods and have lots of adjustability. However so far I have found the absolute polar opposite to be true, after just 20mins in the chair my Coccyx feels uncomfortable then if I stand up it really bloody hurts for a few minutes while it recovers from whatever the chair is doing to it!

Obviously this is less than ideal but I'm not exactly sure what to do about it? At first I figured It would just be a case of getting used to the chair but I've probably spent on average about 2hrs a day in it for the past month and sometimes a lot more.

Worth noting that I get no issues in any other normal types of chair or different motorcycle seats or MTB saddles etc etc, the issue is just with this gaming chair (I've never tried any other gaming chairs though).

Vertagear are one of the better gaming chair manufacturers out there so I should really have to be putting some kind of weird cushion on it. I did choose the chair wisely based on my height and weight etc and other than the painful coccyx the back support and general adjustability is great. I have emailed Vertager but as yet have not heard back.

Any ideas?

This is the chair, and usually have the back almost 90° upright with both the lumbar pillow and head/neck pillow in place: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/vertagear-racing-series-s-line-sl5000-rev.-2-gaming-chair-black-carbon-edition-gc-005-vt.html

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So I've emailed Vertagear 3 times in the last 3 weeks and not had a single reply. Does their customer service even exist? Lucky I didn't have a serious mechanical issue with it I guess.

Associate
i feel your pain i bought this below for mine i find these gaming chairs way too hard myself i understand why they are made like that to retain the shape integrity of the seat ect..other softer chairs i have had just squish down to nothing and materials splits in the end. i need a car seat a proper one ripped out of a old car and mounted on some sort of base or a 80s Shackletons High Seat Chair :p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Everlastin...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MNX84P5B7GEMMSQNARAX

Associate
OP
i feel your pain i bought this below for mine i find these gaming chairs way too hard myself i understand why they are made like that to retain the shape integrity of the seat ect..other softer chairs i have had just squish down to nothing and materials splits in the end. i need a car seat a proper one ripped out of a old car and mounted on some sort of base or a 80s Shackletons High Seat Chair :p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Everlastin...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MNX84P5B7GEMMSQNARAX

I think I'll have to order one myself, how on Earth do more people not find gaming chairs way to hard?!

Soldato
I bought a Vertager SL5000 about a month ago, I'm not a fan on the styling of a gaming chair at all BUT it promised to support me properly especially for long periods and have lots of adjustability. However so far I have found the absolute polar opposite to be true, after just 20mins in the chair my Coccyx feels uncomfortable then if I stand up it really bloody hurts for a few minutes while it recovers from whatever the chair is doing to it!

Obviously this is less than ideal but I'm not exactly sure what to do about it? At first I figured It would just be a case of getting used to the chair but I've probably spent on average about 2hrs a day in it for the past month and sometimes a lot more.

Worth noting that I get no issues in any other normal types of chair or different motorcycle seats or MTB saddles etc etc, the issue is just with this gaming chair (I've never tried any other gaming chairs though).

Vertagear are one of the better gaming chair manufacturers out there so I should really have to be putting some kind of weird cushion on it. I did choose the chair wisely based on my height and weight etc and other than the painful coccyx the back support and general adjustability is great. I have emailed Vertager but as yet have not heard back.

Any ideas?

This is the chair, and usually have the back almost 90° upright with both the lumbar pillow and head/neck pillow in place: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/vertagear-racing-series-s-line-sl5000-rev.-2-gaming-chair-black-carbon-edition-gc-005-vt.html

Why Not just return it to where you got it from

Associate
OP
Try an adjustable stand or sit PC desk.
Standing is better than sitting, every time, especially if you're experiencing lower back pain.
That's not really the issue, the problem is the chair is just too hard. Still no reply from Vertagear, I won't be recommending them to anyone purely due to a non existent customer service, pretty poor service considering it's a £300 product.

Associate
their support is absolutely terrible, it took around 3 months of complaining just to get a missing cushion sent to me, i'd never recommend them

and the seat was like concrete, i sold it on facebook and got a better chair lol

Associate
OP
Am I understanding this right? You've spent £300 on a chair and it's uncomfortable to sit in. And you're keeping it?

Well actually its OK now, I assume it's down to it softening up over time and me hardening up. I still email Vertagear every week just to see if they'll reply but so far they've ignored every email since the beginning of November, shocking behaviour! I'll never buy another product from them or recommend them purely based on that. It did take a LOT of hours sitting in it though.

Last edited:
Associate
my vertagear does the same, horrifically uncomfortable and destroys my rear end if i do not have an extra pillow.

Probably the worst pc related purchase i have ever made. Will 100% never get a gaming chair ever again and counting down the days until i can replace.

SHAME OCUK do not have executive office chairs.

edit, mine is the sl2000 so seems not much has changed

Last edited:
Associate
OP
my vertagear does the same, horrifically uncomfortable and destroys my rear end if i do not have an extra pillow.

Probably the worst pc related purchase i have ever made. Will 100% never get a gaming chair ever again and counting down the days until i can replace.

SHAME OCUK do not have executive office chairs.

edit, mine is the sl2000 so seems not much has changed

The rest of the chair is actually great, it offers all the adjustment I needed to suit my desk and get me in the perfect position for gaming and I have no back pain at all now which was something I used to get with my cheapo executive office chair. I found most executive chairs that did offer all the necessary adjustment were £600+.

Back
Top Bottom