Short session game recommendations

Associate
Hi everyone. Getting older and busier with less time for mammoth gaming sessions so I'm looking for suggestions for things I can play in quick bursts.

FTL has been my go to for many years and I feel it's the perfect combination of fun, intensity and challenge in a short self contained run. I particularly like that once a run is over, win or loose, I'm free to do something else and forget about it. Only problem is I've played it too much now!

Any games you've enjoyed with a similar feel but not necessarily anything like FTL?

Edit - Thanks for all the recommendations. Here's a summary in order of votes received:

Into the Breach (4)
Rocket League (4)
Apex (2)
PUBG (2)
Heroes of the storm (2)
Dead cells (2)
Hotline Miami 1 and 2
Bejeweled 3
Binding of isaac
World of Warships
World of Tanks
Devil Daggers
Rise of Nations
Quake with the 1.5 mod
Overwatch
Plague inc
Rainbow Six Siege
Astroneer
Farming Simulator 19
American Truck Simulator
Stardew Valley
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Borderlands 2
Fifa
The Golf Club 2019

Last edited:
Caporegime
How about Hotline Miami 1 and 2? They can definitely be played in short bursts and are pretty challenging, especially if going for better ranks.

They're also a lot of fun.

Soldato
PUBG is good for this, games last around 30 minutes so can hop on for an hour or so and don’t need to grind away.

However, it’s life destroying in the sense that while you’re chasing that first win, it’s all you can think about, then once you’ve got the first win, all you can think about is getting another :p

Soldato
PUBG is good for this, games last around 30 minutes so can hop on for an hour or so and don’t need to grind away.

However, it’s life destroying in the sense that while you’re chasing that first win, it’s all you can think about, then once you’ve got the first win, all you can think about is getting another :p

Spend blumin ages waiting for the game to start, blunin ages getting gear and about 0.6 seconds getting a one shot in the face.

Soldato
Spend blumin ages waiting for the game to start, blunin ages getting gear and about 0.6 seconds getting a one shot in the face.

Yes this happens often, and will basically be your experience of the game for the first 100-150 hours :p

When you have one of those games where you’re just unstoppable and are melting people and come away with 10+ kills, no feeling like it!

Soldato
- Heroes of the storm - but any moba has quite the time commitment to learn to play "well"
- Dead cells
- Overwatch - Again similar to a moba in terms of playing well, but i still have fun in arcade QP and competative
- Rocket League
- Into the Breach (I think actually made by the same dev team as FTL?)

Back
Top Bottom