So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Soldato
We're proper bottling this, we are so poor away from home - Must win vs WBA on Friday. Bielsa needs to change it up.

Everyone is. It's a horrible season this time round. Our home form is incredible, we're taking teams apart at ease, but our away form is the worst it's been for many many years. Leeds, Norwich, Sheff Utd and WBA will all drop a load of points over the next couple of months.

Soldato
Absolutely pathetic. Give that moron a life ban. Questions need to be asked of the security allowing that to happen.

Plenty of security at the game, but its impossible to stop some idiot running onto the pitch these days with crowd safety being paramount, would you want the return of fencing?

Lee Hendrys comments on Sky are pathetic, whilst I agree the person who ran on the pitch should be banned & sent down, deducting points & abandoning the game are such an overreaction.
Would he say the same if it had happened a villa park? I think not.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Plenty of security at the game, but its impossible to stop some idiot running onto the pitch these days with crowd safety being paramount, would you want the return of fencing?

Lee Hendrys comments on Sky are pathetic, whilst I agree the person who ran on the pitch should be banned & sent down, deducting points & abandoning the game are such an overreaction.

Abandoning the game seems perfect reasonable to me, a player has been attacked on the pitch....

Deducting points I don't think would really make any impact, you're just punishing actual fans.

Soldato
Abandoning the game seems perfect reasonable to me, a player has been attacked on the pitch....

Deducting points I don't think would really make any impact, you're just punishing actual fans.

I think a game abandonment and 5-0 defeat would be the least to punish the home team, they are after all responsible for the fans in the stadium and by refusing to pay for proper policing and trying to cheap out on stewards who aren't up to the job they're trying to scrimp on security.

I also think games behind closed doors are a good way to punish home teams as that way fans realise it's unacceptable and if someone tries to climb over the hoardings other fans could step in and stop them if it means them missing a few games.

Caporegime

it's not impossible if security isn't made up of students and misfits.

the people who steward games have zero training. they work on zero hour contracts and volunteer for shifts to guard some of the biggest events in the world. the vast majority of them are morons (if they aren't doing it as a second job and are over 25). it's a minimum wage job where you are standing out in the cold for hours at a time, etc.

if they had proper security in it would mean they would need to at least triple the current security wage bill.

so yeah it can be done but would cost money which nobody is willing to spend.

as you can see none of the stewards ran after him. at events like this they only have 1 or 2 people allowed to chase someone on the pitch. so if he gets past the clueless steward nobody is going to chase after him unless he's near the 1 or 2 who's specific job it is to do so. with a pitch that size with 1 or 2 manning it that isn't sufficient.

again if you were being paid minimum wage would you be putting your face at risk to stop a yob? a lot of the stewards are also old and women too. also most of them don't do anything apart from watch the game.

Soldato
Just seen it on Twitter. Disgrace of a man. Has to hit him from behind as the well the total coward. Life ban and 6 week stretch should suffice. Thought the Villa players were gonna weigh him in at one point.

They’d all serve bans if they did (wrongly IMO) but my god it would have been glorious.

Associate
They’d all serve bans if they did (wrongly IMO) but my god it would have been glorious.

I remember a game in Sweden, can't remember how many years ago but 13-15 years or so I believe where someone ran onto the pitch after a player. He ended up with a full set of studs in his thigh as the Malmo captain saw him coming and did a wonderful stop of him :D

Back
Top Bottom