*** It's Show Time *** - March 25th 2019 Apple event

Soldato
If there’s a cheap way to get HBO one month at a time in a way that I can watch it on my laptop they may get a few months of services subscription from me.

Permabanned
Well this is the start,

(1) - Apple News+ (Now includes magazines) - First month is free, $9.99 a month.
(2) - Apple Pay - Retail Transit, & Apple Card (Credit Card) and Apple Rewards (Daily Cash) 2%CB goods/services, 3% CB Apple.
(3) - App Store - Apple Arcade Subscription. 1 Payment all game access. Offline Games, No Ads!
(4) - Apple TV+ - Bringing together in 1 place, all devices. (Netflix Style) (Coming to Mac + Smart TVs)

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Apple really need to go back to focussing on what made them one of the best brands in the world. Hardware.

They have slowly evolved into a 99% money focussed company and services deliver the most money for the least effort.

£120/year for a magazine subscription isn't going to be popular.

A streaming service isn't going to compete with Netflix and Co. because apple are far too safe and obsessed with diversity, inclusivity and being non-offensive.

Can't help but feel that in the next 10 years or so Apple are going to drift into obscurity if they don't refocus on whats important.

Soldato
If magazines are a tenner a month, i wonder how much they hope to launch their Netflix alternative for?
Quite interested to see, as I ponder where they will hope to get content from, unless they are merging with an existing service?

Soldato
Apple really need to go back to focusing on what made them one of the best brands in the world. Hardware. Innovation.

I'm not fussed whether it's hardware, software or services, just be innovative. Apple hasn't been for a long time but i have a feeling a lot of that is to do with the helmsman.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I want one of those cards but i'm not US based obviously. Hopefully it will come to the UK soon. Looks like a modern credit card which we have needed for a long time.

Associate
I want one of those cards but i'm not US based obviously. Hopefully it will come to the UK soon. Looks like a modern credit card which we have needed for a long time.

I wouldn't be too hopeful considering that we still don't even have Apple Pay Cash

fez

fez

Caporegime
I wouldn't be too hopeful considering that we still don't even have Apple Pay Cash

Yeah good point.

I wonder if I will be able to buy anything outright in 20 years. Everything seems to want to move towards subscription models. I want to be able to pay for something and own it. I don't want to lose it when I stop paying for a subscription!

Back
Top Bottom