UEFA Champions League/Europa League 9/10/11 April *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
Waiting for the VAR call to rule it out for being 3.8mm offside
I was so worried about that. He was ever so fractionally offside I think

Edit - very interesting that they seem to have come to a sensible way of measuring offside - furthest forward part of your body that is allowed to score Vs furthest part of defenders body that can defend. Son's arm was offside but the rest of him was onside so goal stood

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was so worried about that. He was ever so fractionally offside I think

Edit - very interesting that they seem to have come to a sensible way of measuring offside - furthest forward part of your body that is allowed to score Vs furthest part of defenders body that can defend. Son's arm was offside but the rest of him was onside so goal stood

That's how offside has been measured for a long time now.

Looks to me like Salah just got away with really a red card 'tackle', minimum yellow card, awful decision by VAR.

Associate
I think in Salahs defence he is being held back and is sticking his foot out for the ball. Ends up studing the defender but meh, if hes not being fouled him self maybe its a very different tackle.

Soldato
That's how offside has been measured for a long time now.

Looks to me like Salah just got away with really a red card 'tackle', minimum yellow card, awful decision by VAR.
Didn't know that .
I've never seen any analysis carried out on that basis. They've never been that definitive on the rule and the analysis has been really vague and imprecise.

Caporegime
Would like to see the Salah tackle again. Looked like a red from the slow mo but he was being pulled back and I'm not sure how much force, if any, he caught the player with. The defender nor any Porto player complained but Salah looked sheepish as hell.

Edit: Oh, and the sooner we get Gomez back the better. He's got the pace and strength to cover balls over the top and to cover TAA when he's pushed up.

Back
Top Bottom