UEFA Champions League/Europa League 9/10/11 April *** Spoilers ***

Don
Kane done his ankle again? Shock horror. This isn't a **** take but I'd seriously consider cashing in on Kane if Real came in with £150m this summer. I'm not sure if it's him insisting he's fine and coming back to early or Spurs rushing him back too early but that's now his 5th ankle injury in just over 2 years - he's being run into the ground and he's going to end up like Owen & Torres where he's finished by the time he's 28.
Who knew captain sideways had been following instructions all along :D
After a few years of playing the holding role a lot of people forgot that Henderson's best form for us came playing in the box to box role in the 13/14 season. He was excellent in that role vs Southampton and the same again yesterday. Hopefully we see him alongside Fabinho in a 4-3-3 more often now because without Ox we've lacked energy and forward running from midfield at times this season.

Soldato
Great result for Spurs, gutted abut Kane, he needs to stop putting his body on the line as much. Still think City will beat us in the 2nd leg but was a good night other than Kane's injury.

I love how because its Kane its "putting his body on the line", he tried to hurt Delph... TalkSport with their usual nonsense this morning "I actually feel sorry for Kane, hes tried to leave a bit on Delph and has injured himself" excellent news all round then isn't it.

Permabanned
"Last season was much worse."

In the immediate aftermath of Manchester City's 1-0 defeat at Tottenham Hotspur in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final tie, Pep Guardiola was thinking of Liverpool.

And this latest result has left many fans questioning whether Liverpool even had some sort of part to play in City's latest quarter-final defeat.
City was cauterised 3-0 at Anfield in the same stage of last season's competition.

And last night City's team selection appeared cautious, as Guardiola opted for players that you would not normally describe as regulars in City's starting XI.

Fabian Delph was gifted a start at left-back and was found to be at fault for the winning goal, while Riyad Mahrez also had a quiet game.
But for evidence that Jurgen Klopp's Reds are beginning to get under Guardiola's skin, look no further than City's bench last night.

With a tricky Premier League trip to Crystal Palace looming on Sunday, Kevin De Bruyne was left out of the starting XI as well as Leroy Sane, resulting in a lack of creativity from the away side.
Guardiola admitted in his post match press conference that he decided to choose İlkay Gundogan and Fernandinho as the pair offered greater defensive attributes.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...uardiola-decision-suggests-liverpool-16107870

Soldato
I love how because its Kane its "putting his body on the line", he tried to hurt Delph... TalkSport with their usual nonsense this morning "I actually feel sorry for Kane, hes tried to leave a bit on Delph and has injured himself" excellent news all round then isn't it.

Oh please its a contact sport. Those 2 were having a battle all game. I'm not bitching about when Delph elbowed Kane in the back of the head. It was a battle and yes Kane went in hard on Delph, he wasn't trying to injure him though, he was going in hard. One minute people complain it's not a contact sport anymore and the next a heavy tackle someone was trying to injure another player :rolleyes:

Soldato
Oh please its a contact sport. Those 2 were having a battle all game. I'm not bitching about when Delph elbowed Kane in the back of the head. It was a battle and yes Kane went in hard on Delph, he wasn't trying to injure him though, he was going in hard. One minute people complain it's not a contact sport anymore and the next a heavy tackle someone was trying to injure another player :rolleyes:

He went in to that challenge to "leave something on Delph" ...that's so absolutely clear. In other words, he went to hurt him.

Back
Top Bottom