Fan Controllers

Soldato
They are good. I have the 6LT screwed to the bottom of my case and never had any issues with it, over the last 2 years or so. Probably couldn't live without it now.

Will shut my pc down if my pump dies, control fans + pump via GPU temp vs erratic cpu temps, Remembers everything on startup so no loud fans. And all easily controlled in software so you can tune to your hearts desire for noise + temps etc.

Soldato
I have both a Lamptron FC6 and Aquaero 6 Pro in separate machines. If you just want something to control the fans quickly and don't have a big variation in temps then the Lampton FC2 will do the job well. The digital display of the FC6 is handy so you can see what RPM you're at and helps in knowing the minimum RPM that some fans will run at as this can vary massively. The downside to the FC6 is that because it's more complex then it's easier for things to go wrong.

As others have said the Aquaero will do everything apart from walk the dog (I don't think it can anyway). It is really designed for people with custom water cooled systems but even if you just want to control fans there really is nothing better. If you want to have your fans increase with heat then there is nothing better for customisation. There is a bit of learning curve to get it all set up but once it's done then you're set.

Soldato
I used to use a Zalman controller and found the best thing is to use decent fans and tune the RPM to cover all scenarios then forget about it - the GT1850’s are still great, I’m yet to find another fan which competes with them.

Soldato
I find even at max rpm they’re so much quieter than anything else I’ve tried. The tone is barely noticeable. I’m running silent wings 3 at the moment and even they’re loud compared to the GT’s.
The other way you can tell quality fans is to see how long they spin for after the power has been turned off. I've had lots of quality fans but GT's still spin the longest after being powered off, which shows how smooth the bearings are.

Soldato
The other way you can tell quality fans is to see how long they spin for after the power has been turned off. I've had lots of quality fans but GT's still spin the longest after being powered off, which shows how smooth the bearings are.

With push/pull on a GTX rad, I can unplug the pull fan and the airflow from the push side is enough to make it spin up to a decent rpm :) lol.

It’s a shame they’re not so easy and cheap to pick up as they used to be. With cable sleeving they’d undoubtably be a #1 seller.

Soldato
With push/pull on a GTX rad, I can unplug the pull fan and the airflow from the push side is enough to make it spin up to a decent rpm :) lol.

It’s a shame they’re not so easy and cheap to pick up as they used to be. With cable sleeving they’d undoubtably be a #1 seller.
I was mistaken when I said early GT's went down to 300rpm, I tested mine and they go down to 180rpm! Not that I'd use them there but as you say even at full speed they still don't make a lot of noise so at a more useable 1000rpm they are very quiet.
Have to say I love my Aquaero 5/6. If you can pick an Aquaero 5 / 6 then you'll never need another fan controller again.

Back
Top Bottom