The nervous wait to exchange....

Man of Honour
Amazingly my car/van insurance went down at the new address even though it is I believe in a slightly worse category than where I was living - I'd heard horror stories of people moving to this general area and it adding £100s to their policy so was dreading making the call.

Soldato
Nice result. :)

Just heard from my seller, my solicitor has requested extra paperwork that has been submitted twice already :rolleyes: this will be the third time in 10 days this paperwork has been handed over, what a ******* joke.

Soldato
I'm rocking backwards and forwards for the the final confirmation the exchange has happened today!

Sold my flat for a tidy profit and moving to a 3 bedroom renovation job in the nice bit of town :) (hopefully to happen on the 3rd May)

Just praying my retired mum and sister won't go back on their promises to help with their free time...

Soldato
Signed my contract today, posting it tomorrow morning for guaranteed delivery Friday. Might be all done next week! Fingers crossed!

Offer was accepted in the start of October 2018 :o

Man of Honour
Good solicitors and cooperative sellers. :)

Congrats. Cooperative buyers/sellers make such a difference - seems to be too many time wasters and people who can't comprehend that for instance you can't just pop off on holiday for 6 weeks in the middle of the process and leave everyone hanging and that kind of thing.

Soldato
House goes on the market on Tuesday, had it valued 2 years ago and the estate agent priced it at £145.000.
A bit of work on it in the last 6 months, new estate agen valued it at £175.000 - £180.000. House report done and it came back valued at £170.000.
A huge jump in the last 2 years.
Supposedly the main reason is now a shortage of bungalows, especially one that is detached with a garage and is in a cul-de-sac.
Need to find somehwere to move to now :).

Soldato
Exchanging and completing today hopefully.

On a bit of a tangent, I've wanted to apply for a cashback credit card, not because I need the credit but because they pay you to spend money. Does anyone know how long I should wait after my mortgage is in effect before I should apply?

Man of Honour
House goes on the market on Tuesday, had it valued 2 years ago and the estate agent priced it at £145.000.
A bit of work on it in the last 6 months, new estate agen valued it at £175.000 - £180.000. House report done and it came back valued at £170.000.
A huge jump in the last 2 years.
Supposedly the main reason is now a shortage of bungalows, especially one that is detached with a garage and is in a cul-de-sac.
Need to find somehwere to move to now :).

I've heard that about being a shortage of decent bungalows - also we had a few people interested in our old house who were looking at the potential of settings up the ground floor for themselves and having lodgers separately in the rest due to the supposed shortage but most of them seemed quite undecided on the idea.

Soldato
I've heard that about being a shortage of decent bungalows - also we had a few people interested in our old house who were looking at the potential of settings up the ground floor for themselves and having lodgers separately in the rest due to the supposed shortage but most of them seemed quite undecided on the idea.

Yeah, it's OAP generation that all want to downsize from a upstairs house to a single floor.
Funnily emough, I had 3 seperate couples walking round the cul-de-sac looking into the house, asked if they wanted to see inside. All were interested and when I mentioned a rough idea of the price they all said it would be a cash buy. That was before it was officially on sale, word must be getting out..
Bring on the bidding war :)

Back
Top Bottom