UEFA Champions League/Europa League 30th April - 2nd May *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
personally thought Messi should have been more sporting than to even try to claim for the "handball" in the first few minutes - it was nothing more than an unfortunate ricochet, but for him of all players to claim for it given he knows the above as much as anyone just shows he has a bit of a "bad sportsman" about it.

No problem with the will to win, but surely only when its fair to do so. To even claim for that kind of thing just rankles a little bit.

The amount of shoulder barges that get completely ignored is another thing - if you are defending and leaning the opposition away from goal is one thing, running full pelt and shoving the opponent off the ball with your shoulder (or is this the james milner special now?) is something else entirely

Soldato
He hasnt stuck anything out, hes jumped before theres any contact and clearly swings his left hand, fist clinched into Fabinhos head.
He's jumped yes to try and stop fabinho from blocking him like i said if you take a look at the movement of both players if fabinho andnt moved to block him off he wouldn't of got hit I will say though he shouldn't have jumped like he did but it's not a red

Caporegime
om wouldn’t bother with it unless Liverpool go through, only then will they assume you’re not just bitter :D (well and they won’t show up if it happens either)

Also have to consider our luck we made it out of group stage

Associate
I think Barca will regret not putting them to the sword and putting it out of sight. I don't think three will be enough for them at Anfield. An goal inside the first 15 minutes for Liverpool and I can see them turning this around. If anyone can it's Liverpool this year against a Barca team that has declined in recent years.

If Liverpool end up with 95+ points and exiting the CL at the semis with the way they have played this year, well I imagine that will be impossible to take. City are the best premiership side I have ever seen but Liverpool this year are a close 2nd. Even at 2nd place this year I view this better than the Arsenal invincible season. The points don't lie and the pressure of week in week out with this much pressure and the CL, amazing.

Caporegime
I think Barca will regret not putting them to the sword and putting it out of sight. I don't think three will be enough for them at Anfield. An goal inside the first 15 minutes for Liverpool and I can see them turning this around. If anyone can it's Liverpool this year against a Barca team that has declined in recent years.

If Liverpool end up with 95+ points and exiting the CL at the semis with the way they have played this year, well I imagine that will be impossible to take. City are the best premiership side I have ever seen but Liverpool this year are a close 2nd. Even at 2nd place this year I view this better than the Arsenal invincible season. The points don't lie and the pressure of week in week out with this much pressure and the CL, amazing.
How is winning 3-0 not putting them to the sword? Barca need one goal and Liverpool will have to score five!

Sorry fella, but saying a 3-0 win is not enough is ridiculous.

In fact, just reread the second paragraph. The whole post is ridiculous.

Caporegime
Bring a crap boring team is much harder to take, this is fun :)

Footballs moved on greatly from the drawables so obviously not fair to compare

Associate
How is winning 3-0 not putting them to the sword? Barca need one goal and Liverpool will have to score five!

Sorry fella, but saying a 3-0 win is not enough is ridiculous.

I think they needed to be out of sight, 4 or 5 goals. I don't think it's as over as people think. Especially against Liverpool. If it was Arsenal or Spurs I'd agree this is over, but this Liverpool team seems to have far more self belief and resilience than any other team in the league.

Permabanned
Barring a massive performance from Liverpool and a total collapse from Barcelona I think its pretty much done, though we can hope. :p

Its annoying, scoreline looks like it was comfortable but it was far from it. Those tight margins at the top end of the game. Only difference was poor finishing and Messi getting lucky.

Soldato
Barring a massive performance from Liverpool and a total collapse from Barcelona I think its pretty much done, though we can hope. :p

Its annoying, scoreline looks like it was comfortable but it was far from it. Those tight margins at the top end of the game. Only difference was poor finishing and Messi getting lucky.

Messi was lucky? He followed up a shot when everyone else had given up. And put a freekick into the top corner.

Caporegime
I mean if the rebound doesn’t go directly to him but rather Van Dijk it’s ‘great positioning’ from him. Messi was running in from outside the box, VVD and others weren’t and had already slowed for the potential Alisson save being pushed wide.

At the end of the day it was a bit lucky, nothing anyone can do and Suarez did that sortve thing countless times for us, redirected it towards goal and paid off.

Man of Honour
Messi was lucky? He followed up a shot when everyone else had given up. And put a freekick into the top corner.

agreed. His performance at times just goes well beyond extraordinary. 600 goals in 14 years is hardly a fluke of luck. I have to say, I started to feel sorry for Liverpool in the last 15 minutes.. It was like Barca and Messi played with their prey before finally killing it off.

Back
Top Bottom