20 million PC gamers could defect from PCs to consoles by 2022

Caporegime
And it will bomb HARD
Doubt it long term tbh, the future generations of gamers (today’s sprogs) will find putting a disc in a slot to play a game totally alien, much as most wouldn’t buy a CD to play music any more, my daughter is 22, she doesn’t own a single CD, at her age I had hundreds of them.

It’ll be log into your chosen game streaming service, sit down and play on your TV which will effectively be your PC/TV/Console combined into one.

V F

V F

Soldato
We're all just old farts fellas, time to face reality. I don't think we have many members under the age of 30, the new blood is all over insta and toktok with the rest of the cool kids.

They'll be the ones deciding this, not us.

What is toktok? TikTok?

And Twitch, watching the likes of Ninja and Shroud playing on high end PC setups. I personally think PC is going to grow if anything.

Most here seem to hate twitch but I think it's pretty good. It has certainly replaced the majority of my tv viewing.

Associate
Tell that to everyone who doesn't have broadband or wants to sell games on after playing them.

Also it's handy for blu Ray's.
Who doesn’t have broadband in 2019? I live way out in the Shropshire countryside and have super fast broadband.

As for second hand game market, if Sony/Microsoft can sell games for £50 which can’t be re-sold they are going to do it as they can make a lot more money that way..

Caporegime
Who doesn’t have broadband in 2019? I live way out in the Shropshire countryside and have super fast broadband.

As for second hand game market, if Sony/Microsoft can sell games for £50 which can’t be re-sold they are going to do it as they can make a lot more money that way..

ignorance is bliss. so what if you have it lots of people don't.

Soldato
I know I will, I rather pay £700 FOR PS5 and run games let say 4k 60fps(they are claiming more) then pay £1.2k for just gpu £899 for decent monitor. Winter is coming for PCMR, and it was brought by Nvidia and Intel xD
Eh ? The ps5 is going to be around the same price as the PS4 on release. No way in hell is it gonna cost £700.

It’s more likely to be around £499 mark.

Soldato
Doubt it long term tbh, the future generations of gamers (today’s sprogs) will find putting a disc in a slot to play a game totally alien, much as most wouldn’t buy a CD to play music any more, my daughter is 22, she doesn’t own a single CD, at her age I had hundreds of them.

It’ll be log into your chosen game streaming service, sit down and play on your TV which will effectively be your PC/TV/Console combined into one.

I'm in my 40's and haven't bought a physical game in decades.

That said I got used to digital copies well before digital services took off, I've just swapped illicit copies for legit ones.

Associate
I'm in my 40's and haven't bought a physical game in decades.

That said I got used to digital copies well before digital services took off, I've just swapped illicit copies for legit ones.
what's the illicit copies scenario like with modern consoles? I haven't considered illicit copies since OG XBOX

PC is obviously trivial

Back
Top Bottom